[9] ~ Matty Needs To Lay Off The Drugs ( Also, Ross And Adam Fuck About )

{ Ross's POV }

I caught Adam as he fell forwards. His body reeked of vodka and cigarettes, both things that he nearly never touched. My mind began to reel as his sad words were stuck on replay in my head.

" What does he mean why do I hate him? I don't hate him! Why does he think I hate him?? " I whimpered to myself as I laid him down on the white sofa.

My breathing had definitely become labored as I stared at Adam's face. His skin was soft under my fingertips as I softly stroked his seemingly always red cheeks. Tears began to cascade down my cheeks as I held this beautiful human in my arms. I carried the man up to my room and stripped him down to his boxers. I pulled one of my sweaters over his head and laid him down in bed. I sat at the end of the bed, waiting for the man to wake up so I could apologize and get some much needed answers.

-

It took quite a few hours but, after staring into space and thinking about the upcoming tour, Adam woke up. He looked completely confused as he stared around, obviously unsure of what happened. I got up and wiped away stray tears before going over to Adam. He tried to get up but he swayed and I could see his face turn a nasty shade of green. I picked him up and carried him to the bathroom, siting him in front of the toilet and rubbing his back as he retched out the contents of his stomach. He groaned a bit and leaned into me when his sickness had passed. Suddenly he broke down sobbing, the sounds nearly breaking my heart in two. I pulled him away and carefully cleaned up his face and hands. Tears poured down my cheeks as his sobs got louder and more worrying.

I held the man close to my chest and whispered, " I'm sorry, " repeatedly into his ear.

It took about half an hour until my beautiful boy was calm and nuzzled into me.

" I forgive you, " he whispered, before falling asleep peacefully in my arms.

{ Matty's POV }

My mind has been repeating that afternoon of George's and Ross's fight for days now. Their yells still bounced around in my head, haunting me and leaving me shaking with fear. I can't stand screaming. I strolled into the kitchen and flipped the kettle on, getting a mug out for tea. The front door opened and I froze as I heard George's voice along with some girl's. Everything felt hot as I heard them laughing together. I plastered a scowl on my face and continued to make my tea. I flinched when I heard the girl, whoever she is, laugh loudly at a joke that George made. It tore me apart inside to hear him laughing. To hear the smile in his voice. I finished making my tea and made my way past the two people in my house and into the backyard to work on music.

" Matty! " George called after me.

I looked back and saw his beautiful grin. Everything hurts. I flinched and turned back towards the grassy expanse of our backyard. I sat down and dragged the chest under the bench towards me, pulling my guitar and notebook out. I tried to distract myself with abstract sentences and puzzling words but the giggles from inside cut  me like a knife. I whimpered louder with every new giggle, the sound torturing my ears and bringing tears to my eyes.

" STOP! " I screamed into the rapidly growing darkness of the night. 

I grabbed my guitar and slammed it repeatedly into the ground until it was nothing but chunks of wood and strings. I sobbed as I continued to bang the neck against the ground until arms went around me and stopped me. I turned around and buried my face in George's shirt. Sobs choked me as I tried to calm down unsuccessfully.

" Shh shh darling calm down. " he whispered pressing soft kisses to my forehead.

He took a poorly rolled joint out of an old cigarette package and lit it. He carefully put it between my lips and I took a long drag letting the smoke consume me. I blew the smoke out and sniffled.

" I want something stronger. "

George gulped and looked down at me.

" L-Like what? " he questioned.

" Acid, " I whispered.

" O-Okay, I'll get you some pills okay? "

I simply nodded and allowed my tree to carry me inside and sit me down on the kitchen counter. He took my phone to text my dealer  but  I stopped him. He seemed surprised at my actions.

" I changed my mind.. " I mumbled.

" What is it you'd like then, love? "

" You... "

The room grew extremely quiet. I wanted to go back, to not say those words to him. He moved out from in between my legs and glared at me.

" That's what this is then? A...a-a plot to get me to fuck you?! " he yelled incredulously.

I flinched, " N-No Georgie that's not what I meant! Y-You misin- "

" Shut it Healy! I don't wanna hear anymore of your bullshit! I'm gonna go to Lily's house because she doesn't just want to fuck me! " he yelled.

Tears instantly began pouring down my cheeks.

"G-George please, not back to her "I whimpered.

"Goodbye Matthew, " he murmured

" George please "

" I said, goodbye Matthew "

He left the room and as the front door closed, my heart shattered into a billion tiny little pieces, just like my guitar. Broken and irreplaceable.