[ 7 ] ~ You're My Best Friend

{ I apologize in advance for how short this is but it's nearly midnight and I don't know what else to add to this chapter. Hope you all enjoy a short little filler. }

By the end of the week I was feeling much better. The rope burn on my neck was still quite painful and fading but my whole body ached less. Because of how I had fell from the ceiling the other day, bruises lined my back where my body slammed against the tile floor. I cuddled into George. He was holding me in his lap as we watched the football game on silent. He'd been extremely touchy this past week since the incident, not that I'm complaining of course. His hand was now resting on my hip under my shit. His thumb was rubbing in circles over my bare skin, his other fingers resting underneath my trousers and pants and on my hip bone.

Shivers wracked my body as the rough pads of his fingers gingerly ran over my body.

" George...I'm hungry, " I whined a bit.

He chuckled and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead. I resisted the urge to flinch as my head was pounding.

" I'll go make us some sandwiches. " he murmured softly.

I just nodded, expecting him to set me to the side and get up. After quite a few minutes of him just holding me, I turned to him.

" Ehm...are you gonna get up? " I asked giggling.

Our noses were nearly touching with how close we are. His face looked sad, his eyes looking at nothing particular in the distance and his smile turned down into a frown.

" Is there something wrong love?? " I asked suddenly worried by his sad expression.

His grip tightened on me for a moment before he promptly let me go and pushed me to the side.

" N-no nothing...I'll go make your sandwich. "

I frowned but let him go to the kitchen. After about 20 minutes he came back with a sandwich which I proceeded to pick at as he pulled me back into his lap. I sighed and nuzzled into George.

" I understand now...why you didn't want to let me go, " he whispered softly.

A slight blush covered my cheeks and I bit my lip.

" I don't ever want to let you go either... " he whimpered and buried his face in my neck.

" Shh shh, " I mumbled, running a hand through his hair.

His hands went under my sweater and I tensed up as his fingers skimmed over my ribs. My breathing increased and his fingers froze over my ribs.

" Please eat, " he murmured softly, " for me.. "

I shuddered as he continued to rub his hands over my ribs that popped out under my skin.

" O-Okay " I whimpered as I began to eat.

Though it caused a slight stomach ache as I ate, I ignored the pain and finished the whole sandwich. I sniffled and leaned back into George's large frame allowing him to wrap me up in his arms.

Suddenly there was a loud knock on the door. Before either of us could even get up to open the door it flew open. There stood Ross with a bobby pin in his hand and an apprehensive looking Adam gripping onto the back of his jacket.

" What the hell Ross! " George growled angrily.

" Woah calm down, " I squeaked out taking his hand in my own. I'd never seen George act this was towards Ross for no reason, unless something happened that I'm unaware of.

" No! Why the fuck are you barging into our house! " George practically screamed holding me tighter to him.

I let out little whimpers that were hardly unnoticed by Ross.

" You're hurting him! "

" Why the hell are you here! " George yelled once more.

" Oh I dunno maybe we came to check and make sure that Matty wasn't fucking lying on the ground dead!!! " Ross screamed.

Everything went silent. Adam looked like he was crying, his teeth sunken into his hand to keep from making noise.

I let out the first noise, a sob that shook through my whole body. I could physically feel George go from hostile mode to caring mode. He gently moved me so I was facing him and he began to wipe my tears as I continued to sob. He picked me up and carried me to the stairs.

" Wait here, " he said in a hostile tone before carrying me upstairs and laying me down in his bed.

" Rest love, " he mumbled, pressing a soft kiss to my forehead and leaving the room.

All I heard for the next two hours was yelling and arguing between Ross and George. My tears didn't stop the whole time and sobs stick racked through my body leaving me breathless and exhausted. I finally passed out letting my exhaustion push me to the point of falling asleep, the scent of George surrounding my shaking body.