_-Chapter 11-_

Laurence P.O.V

Garroth and I sat on the shore with our feet in the water. Well, I was sitting. Garroth was laying on his back,
obviously not caring at all about the sand sticking to his back. I tilted my head towards the sun, closing my eyes and enjoying the feeling of the sunlight hitting my neck. Aph and Aaron were walking along the shore, and every time Aphmau found a shell or anything, she would pick it up and show it to Aaron. Katelyn, Travis, Kawaii~chan, and Zane left to go to some shop at the dock. Dante and Jenna were siting under an umbrella.

I kicked my foot in the water, sending drops scattering through the air. Lots of them landed on Garroth.

"Hey!"

"Whoops." I said, even though it wasn't an accident.

He sat up swiftly, grabbed me, and pulled me down with him. He laughed when I quickly sat up and tried to brush off the sand. I looked up and noticed for the first time that there were dark clouds slowly drifting overhead. I caught the smell of rain in the air.

"Garroth, look. It's going to rain."

"How do you know? I think it's just passing through."

"I can smell the rain!"

"Hmm... ok, you can smell the rain...
next to an ocean?"

"The ocean water smells like salt!"

He laughed and stood up, offering his hand. I took it and let him pull me up. Everyone down the beach was packing up their stuff to leave.

"Maybe it won't rain, and we'll be the only ones-"

Garroth was interrupted by a loud clap of thunder. A big gust of wind rushed over the beach, threatening to knock everything over. I felt him grab my arm and run to the umbrella we had our stuff under. Rain started sprinkling down, the wind hurling the drops in our faces. I grabbed everything I could carry and started running to the resort. Everyone else was either beside me or a little behind me.

We made it safely to the resort. I threw everything on the floor and flopped down onto the couch. Garroth laid down beside me and cuddled against me. My ankle was killing me from when we were running. I had stepped in a small hole and rolled my ankle, but I didn't fall, so I continued running, ignoring the pain that shot up my leg. Laying on the couch took away a lot of the pain, which would return when I stood up.

"Guys! KC and Zane made cupcakes!" Aphmau squealed.

I didn't know how she had any energy left. Garroth slid off the couch and stood up. I sat up and got to my feet. Almost immediately, my right ankle (the one I hurt) buckled, sending my crashing into Garroth. He held me up, giving me a worried look. I kept my right foot off the ground.

"Laurence, did you hurt yourself?"

"Whaaaaaat? Psshhhh, nah."

"Laurence."

"Fiiiine. Maybe a little."

"A little?"

"Ok, fine! It hurts horribly and I can't walk on it! Let's go get cupcakes now!"

"No. You're staying here. I'll get you a cupcake."