_-Chapter 18-_

*Garroth P.O.V*

I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes. Loki scrambled onto my lap, mewling furiously.

"Hey little buddy!" I said cheerfully.

He swatted at my finger and scuttled over to Laurence.

"Loki! Come back! Let me love you!" I joked softly.

Loki sat down by Laurence's face and glared. Something was wrong, apparently. I leaned over to get a better look at Laurence. Loki meowed loudly and pawed at his face, and he huffed and moved his head. I rested my hand on his face. I immediately pulled it back.

His face is so hot... He must be sick. I just have to wake him up.

His breaths were ragged. Loki sat on his chest.

"L...Loki..?" Laurence mumbled.

"Morning, sunshine." I said, kissing his cheek.

He sat up swiftly and coughed. It wasn't a normal, quiet cough. It was a rough, scratchy, deep cough. It didn't sound good. He kept coughing, as if he was choking. I crawled over to him to make sure he was alright. A few seconds later, he was fine, but he had tears in the corners of his eyes from coughing so much. I rubbed his back.

"You okay?"

"I... I think I'm fi-"

Again, he broke into another fit of coughing. Coughing turned to clutching his throat and gasping. I swept him off of the bed and ran downstairs. Dante and Travis were watching TV.

"Garroth?! What's wrong with Laurence?"

"I don't know! Call someone! Quickly!"

I set him on the couch and crouched in front of him. I heard Dante talking to someone hurriedly on the phone.

"Garroth! They have questions!"

I took the phone and held it up to my ear.

"Hello? This is 911. We have some questions while the ambulance is on the way. Is he breathing?"

"Not very well!"

"Is he choking on anything?"

"No!"

"Is he responsive?"

I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked into Laurence's eyes.

"Laurence! Are you okay?!" I asked, panic edging my voice.

"G-Garroth-" More coughing.

More holding his throat. More gasps. Dante rushed to the door and swung it open. People from the ambulance ran over holding a stretcher, which gave me a horrible feeling in my gut. They put Laurence on it and rushed out the door. I ran after them.

They let me ride with them. They put a mask on Laurence, and he slowly drifted off to sleep.

At least he's not coughing...