_-Chapter 13-_

Laurence P.O.V

(DONT PLAY SONG YET)

Garroth and I stood in the kitchen. I leaned on the counter. I tried to think of something to make, but I couldn't think of anything. Garroth tapped his fingers on the counter, obviously faced with the same problem.

"We're going to the beach!" Aph called from the door.

"Alright! Have fun!" I called.

That meant Garroth and I were the only ones at the resort. I sighed.

"I don't know what we could make..." I said softly.

"I don't know either. We don't have to make anything."

I turned around and looked at the kitchen. I tried to get ideas from whatever I could see.

"What all breakfasts can you think of?" He asked after a while.

  "Waffles..., pancakes-"

  "YES! Pancakes! Perfect!"

    "I've never seen anyone so excited about pancakes." I said, smiling.

  "I've never seen anyone so not excited about pancakes!"

   "Ok, then. What kind of pancakes?"

   "Blueberry!"

    I laughed at how excited he was. He laughed with me. We grabbed everything we needed from the fridge and cabinets.

     While I was stirring the batter, Garroth watched impatiently.

   "Get your phone or something so we can listen to music." I said over my shoulder.

   His face lit up and he ran to our room. I heard his footsteps going down the hall, and I heard the door open. I finished stirring and put a pan on the stove. Garroth ran down the steps, holding his phone. He set it down on the counter. I poured some of the batter in the pan. Instead of making multiple small pancakes, I decided to make four big pancakes. I put everything down and turned to Garroth.  He was looking through songs on his phone. I walked over to him and slid the phone out of his hand.

   "Hey, Garroth?"

   "Yea?"

    I clicked play. Better When I'm Dancin' played from the phone. I put down the phone and held out my hand. Garroth smiled.

   "Dance?" I asked with a smile.

    (play the song now)

   He grabbed my hand without hesitating. He watched how I was dancing before trying to dance with me.
He held my hand above my head and spun me, then pulled me towards him. I ducked away and stepped back. I tapped my foot, keeping up with the pace. I watched him dance a bit. He was obviously a little shy about dancing in front of anyone. I stepped towards him, moving back and forth with every step.  When I reached him, I grabbed both of his hands. At the end of the song, he grabbed my waist and leaned down. I went along with it. He smiled, his face close to mine. I gave him a quick kiss and ducked away again. He laughed softly and walked to the counter. I put the pancake on the plate and poured more batter into the pan.

   Me and My Broken Heart blared from the phone. He spun towards me, smiling a little. I started dancing a little, not very much at first. I mouthed the words, moving to the beat. He grabbed one of my hands and pulled me to him. I grabbed his shoulders, leaning towards him. He smiled and spun me away from him. I turned on my heels. I continued dancing. I took his hand and spun, then stepped backwards to the beat. The song ended. I put the now finished pancake on the plate and started making another. I walked back to the middle of the kitchen. I stretched out my arms while I waited for him to pick the next song. I didn't know the next song, so I leaned against the counter. Garroth apparently knew it, because he started dancing to it. He wasn't completely dancing, though. I turned around to the cupboard to get syrup, but as I turned, I felt him grab my hips and spin me around. The song was very upbeat. He pulled me against him. He leaned towards me and kissed me. I kissed him back. The song ended, but he was still kissing me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. After a few moments, I pulled back and smiled. He smiled as well and walked to the stove to put the last of the pancakes on the plate. He grabbed another plate and put to of the pancakes on it. I grabbed the syrup and took the butter out of the fridge. He grabbed two forks from the drawer and set them on the counter. We put the syrup and butter on our plates and walked to the living room. My Little Horsies was still on, but we didn't change it. I snuggled against Garroth on the couch. He smiled at me. I took a small bite of the pancakes, unsure of how they would taste. My eyes immediately widened. I stuffed more into my mouth, Garroth doing the same.

"Oh my Irene, these are the best pancakes ever." He said.

I nodded enthusiastically.

When we finished, we put everything away and cleaned everything up, then sat on the couch and watched T.V for a
while.

"Laurence..."

"What?"

"Now you have syrup on your face." He laughed, referring to the last time we had pancakes.

"What? I do? Where?" I said, reaching up to wipe the syrup off.

He grabbed my hand and pushed it down. He leaned towards my face.

"Right... here." He said.

He reached up and wiped it off, then drew his hand back.

"Thanks!" I said happily.

He nodded.

"What now?" I asked after a while.

"I dunno..."

   I stood up and stretched my arms above my head. Garroth stood up and gently grabbed my waist. I brought my arms back down, grabbing his hands. I turned my head to look at him. He pushed his face into my shoulder. I leaned back against him. I felt his hands move up my sides.

   "How many more times is this gonna happen?!" Travis yelled.

  Garroth sprung away from me. I put my hands on my hips and glared at Travis.

   "Well, maybe it'd be smart to knock before entering a room?" I said, moving my hair out of my eyes.

   "What room?! You're in the middle of the living room! There's no doors!"

   "You just walked through the front door."

    He sighed and pressed his face into his palm. I turned back to Garroth, who's face was bright red. I laughed softly at this. It wasn't dark out, but I was still tired, so I decided to go to bed. I walked into our room, took off my shirt, and threw myself onto the bed. Garroth laid down beside me, also not wearing a shirt. He didn't look very tired. As I was falling asleep, I felt his hand run through my hair.