Chapter 3

[Nobody's POV]

While preparing at Shambal's school, Astarah was introduced to Shambal himself, Toto and the other two members of the Yambala Gladiators.

Astarah was set on a massage bed with her back bare, prepared to get her magoi checked out. By the look on Shambal's face, this one in particular was no ordinary magoi. 

The old man pulls back and crosses his arms with Alibaba staring at him, curious. "So what is it?", Alibaba asked.

"Like you Alibaba, she has two types of magoi in her body. But it's a little different from yours. I just can't put my finger on it. Worry not though, she's fine. Just a little bit more and she'll be good to go. I'll have Toto escort her to the Colosseum so you and your friend can come with me to my sitting spot.", Shambal exclaimed as he slowly took out the needles from Astarah's back.

Astarah lifts her head slightly and averts her eyes back to Shambal with a scowl. "Hah? Already? I was just starting to feel good.", she nagged.

Alibaba cups his forehead and sighs. "Astarah-san, that wasn't suppose to be a massage though."

"Who the hell cares? It felt good, that's the only thing that matters.", Astarah retorts and sits up as soon as the needles from her back were completely gone. She stares at Toto while putting her chin in between her index finger and thumb, grinning. "Hey Ali, I heard your ass got kicked by this chic."

"Well, she did until I—", before Alibaba could finish his words, a needle passed through his cheek, leaving a little scratch on his skin. 

He turns to Toto who was glaring at him with a grin and had more needles on her fingers. She walked towards him and pointed the needles on his neck. "Alibaba, let's not talk about that ok?". she smiled with grimace.

All Alibaba could do was leaned back and gulp. 

"Oh quit it with that. Never hesitate to kill the enemy!", Astarah laughs and slaps her knee a couple of times showing her enjoyment of the scene. She then turns to Shambala. "Hey old man, I wanna win the match with the most amount of money given.", she grinned.

Shambal was taken aback of her request then chuckles. "Of course. Just don't blame us in the afterlife if you die.", he chuckles and puts his tools away.

"Astarah-san, you do realize that you're only allowed to use weapons given to you right?", Alibaba stated.

A nerve popped from Astarah's cheeks as his comment. "Can you drop the honorifics? I can't stand it.", she hops off the chair and  ruffles Alibaba's hair. "And yes, I do. Don't underestimate me. I may be a cursed one but I'm still a Fanalis.", she whispers the last part, only leaving Morgiana and Alibaba to hear it.

"Are we ready to go?", Shambal puts his hands on his waist and heads to the door.

"Hell yeah I am.", Astarah rolls up the short sleeves of her arabian white robe and tucks in the hem of the skirt to shorten the length. "This has to be fun. After years of not being able to fight, I finally can...", she mumbled in bloodlust.

[Timeskip]

The crowd roared as the gates opened upwards, clattering. There, Alibaba chatted with Astarah together with Morgiana. He gave her instructions to the best of his ability but it seems that she was to excited to even listen to him. Astarah looked around the big stadium with a grin and her eyes shaped itself into money signs. That made Morgiana realize she was a lot worse than Alibaba.

It was packed than usual. There were more people just to see this match. Word got out that there was a challenger for the strongest creature they had. It was so crowded and packed that most people had to either stand or squeeze themselves into seats.