Chapter 9

She was walking by the shore, listening to the waves and feeling the wind on her face. Tired, she found herself sitting on a rock staring out into the sea. And with a sigh, her Djinns came out of their vessels. 

"Confusion within your heart is bad Astarah. It may not be mine but it bothers me by a lot.", Halphas yawns and scratches his head. "A lot a lot a lot.", he repeated and plants his head on top of Astarah, taking a nap.

Asmodeus crosses his arms and turns his back to Astarah. "Hmp. You really need to keep your guard up Astarah! We can't protect you against those wretched men all the time. And you know that!"

"Hakuryuu.", Astarah brings her knees to her chest and hides her face. "Hakuryuu.", she mumbles under her breath and sighs. "Every time I think about him, I feel like something's off. Also, whenever I see him, my heart doesn't waver. I'm pretty sure he's that boy from before.", she raises her head and looks out into the sea. "Eh, maybe it's just me.", she giggles.

Andras raises a brow and levitates next to her. "What if it really isn't him? What are you gonna do? Cry? Get mad? If you do any of those things, then don't get mad at me for calling you pathetic.", his words were harsh. And it made the other Djinns glare at him.

The feathered-haired Djiin yanks Andras by the hair and turns him to face him. "What are you saying you moron! Why are you so harsh to Astarah right now? You're barely like that.", Asmodeus shouted.

"Asmodeus, you know where I'm going with this. All of you do.", he slaps Asmodeus's hand away and hugs Astarah. "Astarah, I'm warning you right now. That kid Hakuryuu, is not who you're looking for. He really isn't. He's a hindrance in your completion of my equip."

Astarah raises a brow and turns her head to Andras with her eyebrows creasing. "What do you know Andras? It's not like you fell in love before right?", she scoffs.

Silence took over. The other Djinns had their eyes wide. Sitri covered her mouth and hides behind her husband, Furcas' crystal ball cracks and Halphas's drooped eyes narrowed. 

All of them besides Astarah knew that the subject was taboo to Andras. He didn't hold it against her. So he lets go of her and turns around. "Alright. Have it your way.", he said softly and returns to his vessel in a mist.

Disappointed, Furcas bonks Astarah in the head and smiles sadly at her. "That was really mean you know? You're gonna need to apologize to him later after he cools down alright?", he follows Andras and returns to his own vessel.

"B-but.", Astarah furrows her brows and watches Sitri and Asmodeus return as well to their vessels leaving Halphas there. "Not you too Halphas?"

Halphas sighs and pats her head. "Listen to Furcas.", he  closes his eyes and seeps back to where the others were. 

She was left alone. The tides clashed and the wind blew a tiny breeze. "What the hell did I do?", her lips frowned and then she suddenly throws a fit. "I didn't know anything! Why are they all blaming me? I love Hakuryuu. But why are they stopping me from doing that? Am I not free to do what I want now? Now that I mentioned it, they've been pushing me around ever since I got to Reim!", she takes out a container from her pocket. It was a small, silver, round box with chains on it. She flips the clasp upwards and removes her metal vessels and puts it in the box. After that, she wraps the chain around her sash. 

Still angry, she lets out a raspy scream. She grinds her teeth together and stomps on her feet. Till now, she never got mad at anyone or anything at all. Plus the fact that there are things that she still doesn't know about her own Djinns pissed her off even more. Because, she thought they were her family. And according to her, families don't keep secrets from one another.