Chapter 17

She was sitting up, patting a sleeping Judar's head. She reaches for her box and takes out Andras' vessel. While putting it on, she had so many things going through her mind. Not only what happened last night but also the Gyokuen incident. Then she turns her attention to Judar and strokes his hair gently.

"Andras.", she whispered.

Do you really want to know what it is?

"Yeah I do."

You really are a child.

"Shut it geezer."

You're mean.

"I'll make Furcas explain instead of you if you don't start tellin'."

Alright alright. First things first, do you remember your parents?

"No."

Where you were born?

"No."

Don't you think that's strange? Am I right? Never have you once thought about it either... Till now. 

"But I have no parents right? I was raised by Al-Thamen for as long as I can remember.", Astarah moves her hands to Judar's cheeks and caresses them.

Tell me, if I were to give you something that may help you, would accept it? But— there's a catch. You might end up regretting it. I'll share you a memory. But after seeing it, you will definitely change your perspective on everything.

"So what if I change?"

It's not that simple Astarah. Considering you, you will make rash decisions about it. And you will lead yourself into a more painful path. If you do lead yourself into choosing one of the other, for example, leaving him behind to avoid suffering or die alone. To cause everyone that is precious to you now, a lot of pain. Which one will it be?

"I—"

See? Not so easy now huh? Hm... Your sleeping beauty is awake, I'll leave you a little gift before you take my vessel off.

"Wait, Andras—"

Andras's voice disappears into an echo and then Astarah's mind became filled with blurry images, voices that weren't very understandable and her head began to ache. The only thing that she was able to capture was the moving, purple sky. That was it.

Astarah pinches the bridge of her nose and moans in pain softly. "Damn it. What was that?"

"Astarah, what are you doing up so early?", he climbs up to her and rests his head on her bare chest. He notices that Astarah froze on the spot. So he takes a peek of her face why she is.

Her eyes were wide, staring into his and her face, her whole entire face was red. "Y—you just—", the words wouldn't come out right. She bites her lip down and keeps staring at him.

"Why are you so stiff early in the morning?", Judar wraps his arms around her waist and nuzzles her chest.

"W—what? The question is, why are YOU so stiff early in the morning!", Astarah retorts and tries to push him off of her.

Judar chuckles and looks up to her. "Why you ask? Well, the answer's pretty obvious.", he hovers on top of her and pins her down. "The woman I've longed for is right in in front of me naked after I woke up.", he closes in on her and was gonna kiss her but he was slightly pushed back by Astarah's hands on his chest.

"Judar stop that!", she shouted.

"Oh come on Astarah, another round won't hurt would it?", said Judar while fighting back with a teasing tone as he takes a lock of her hair and kisses it.