Chapter 19

The fun and games for our heroes is over.

Astarah finally got out of her room. Now, she is making her way to the deck with Judar, who has a huge bump on his head from you know who and you know why. 

While stretching her arms, she walks over to Aladdin and pulls him to the side. The two of them had a conversation but they didn't let anyone hear it. It bothered Judar. The reactions he got from them while in the middle of their conversation bothered him even more. It lasted for hours and hours. Not even anyone tried to disturb them.

After they decided to call it a night, Astarah and Judar went back to Astarah's room in silence. It's not that it was awkward, it's just that Astarah was in a deep thought the whole time.

"Goodnight Judar.", said Astarah to him as she faces the other side of the bed.

Judar only mumbled as a response and wraps his arms around her waist.

Again, hours later, it was nearly after midnight, Judar woke up and found Astarah not beside him but at the corner of the room, in an odd position. She sat on the floor with her legs crossed and her hands clapped together. There was a little aura coming out of her. She was sweating and grinding her teeth.

"Andras...", she whispered and began panting.

Judar felt her presence fading. He suddenly panicked and ran to her. "Woman, that's enough you idiot!"

"Ngh... Ah!", she opens her eyes, they were white. She stops what she was doing and trembled in her spot. "N-no."

The magi embraces her and tries to calm her down. "It's ok. I'm here now."

Her eyes shook in their places and shifted back to her ruby colored ones. She tugs on Judar's arm and hugs him back. "J-Judar..."

"No, don't worry. Let's head back to the bed, I'll watch you.", he scoops her up and carried her to the bed. He lays her down and lays himself next to her. "We can talk about it tomorrow. So sleep."

Astarah buries her face on his chest and was breathing heavily. "I saw it. Felt it. What is it? It was like I was in someone else's body... Judar, I'm scared. I don't know what to—"

Judar lifts her face up and softly pecked her lips. "Astarah, no matter what it is, we'll figure it out."

When he spoke, she was already knocked out. He sighs and kisses her forehead. "What a pain she is."

Should I ask her tomorrow?

Nah, I shouldn't...

Wait... Should I?

[One day later]

"Fire!"

Their ship was suddenly shaking. They were being attacked by pirates. Bad choice pirates. You guys can kiss your booties goodbye. 

Sinbad walks over to the side of the ship and raises his hand. "Pirates right? I would like to ask you why you are attacking us.", he said. He was trying to buy them time.

"Why? We're pirates duh!", one of the bearded pirates cackled and his mates did so too. "Lower the plank boys!"

Then it happened. As soon as the plank hits our heroes' ship, a loud bang came from the deck's door. Astarah walks out of it with a kick and a growl. "Goddamn pirates... I had to deal with the likes of you before...", she mumbled and leaps into the air, landing on the railings of their ship, showing herself to the opposite ship. "Do you morons have any idea whose ship you are attacking?"

"Does it matter lady?", another pirate yelled.

A red aura emerged from Astarah. She was furious that her sleep was disturbed. Her feet leaves the ground and levitates in the air with her eyes glowing. "Be my guests.", she sneers and transforms into Furcas' equip. "You're digging your own graves here. Attacking a ship full of Djinn users and of course, two magis."