Chapter Eight

Time skip to Thursday

Michael's P.O.V

It was now Thursday and we were leaving for Perth, it was around six in the morning when Ashton woke Luke and I up. We had everything packed in the car and were just locking up the house. We needed to be extra careful, just in case someone wanted to snoop around. We got into the car and drove to the petrol station, filling up the car before departing on our journey. ( I just googled it and the journey from Sydney to Perth is 41 hours, without traffic or stopping) We swopped drivers every few hours, allowing us to have some sleep and get enough energy to continue the forty-one hour journey. Ashton drove first, then it was me, then it was Luke. We would swop drivers when we'd stop for petrol and get some blood out of our bags for us.

-

We eventually got to Perth within around fifty hours, which was just over two hours and we were exhausted. We got to a small, rundown motel as we entered the city and slept there for the night. When we woke the next morning, we decided to start looking for Calum so we got pack into the car after paying for the night and started driving around. We passed through multiple suburbs and eve some abandoned ones. We drove to a place called Hamilton hill, it was quite busy looked like one of the bigger suburbs. We drove around going to each apartment building and asked around for an apartment belonging to someone with the surname of hood. Eventually, we got to a building by the name of "Hamilton hill student apartments" we decided to just check there in case, Calum did say that he was going to move in with his sister. Surprisingly, the receptionist said that there was someone with the surname hood. He gave us the spare key for the apartment after Ashton "talked" to him. We trudged up the five flights of stairs and finally got to the correct door. We knocked first but no one answered so we unlocked the door and walked inside. We walked straight to the first door to the right after seeing that there wasn't anyone in the living room or kitchen.

I knocked lightly on the door and was shocked by the response, "go away Mali, I don't want to leave my room," came Calum's reply. I heard Luke gasp quietly, as I opened my mouth to say something, "Calum, it's us," I said, trying to open the door. "what ?" he said and the doorknob wiggled before the door opened and Calum came into our view. He grinned at us before falling into my arms, "you actually came to look for me," he breathed, squeezing my waist. I nodded and squeezed him back before pulling away and allowing him to move onto Luke. I look out the window and saw that it was already getting dark. Calum moved onto Ashton and I could see how Luke's face lit up, his face was glowing as he stared at Calum. I smiled at him an kissed him softly. He smiled back and when Calum let go of Ashton, he fell into his arms again. I leaned against Ashton who put his arms around me as we watched the two of them.

After his and Luke's hugging session, Calum called us into his room and all four of us fell onto the bed forming a cuddle pile almost immediately. Calum was in the middle with Luke on top of him while Ashton and I were on his sides. "how did you guys find me?" Calum asked, the grin still not leaving his face. "we drove around and asked if there was someone by the surname of Hood all over Perth," Ashton replied, I hummed and took his hand, intertwining our fingers.  The four of us were all connected in some way. Luke and Calum were sandwiched between Ashton and I.

"thank you for coming to find me," Calum said and you could hear the gratefulness in his voice. "you're welcome," Luke said, moving around a bit. I smiled when Calum held him closer and leaned up to kiss Ashton then me. "I'm sorry we can't mind link, my mum will find out and move me further away and I really don't want that, we're already far apart as it is," Calum mumbled. "it's okay, we're going to stay here for a while before we go back to Sydney," I said, kissing his shoulder lightly.  Calum's grin only got bigger as he cuddled into Ashton with Luke still on top of him, Luke pulled me closer by my shirt, hiding his face in my chest and getting half off Calum. "I'm sorry about being such a dick to you guys, I'm sorry for trying to kill you more than once," He said, frowning, "that's in the past Cal, it's okay now," Luke replied. "it's not though, you're my soulmates, Ashton was right, I should've spared you and just went against my mum, she doesn't even care about me,"  Calum said, "but you're with us now, you want us to be with you, you aren't trying to fight us, everything is sort of okay now," I said, taking my hand from Ashton's and putting it on Calum's waist.