Chapter Nineteen

Calum opened his blurry brown eyes and turned around to cuddle into Ashton's back. He was tired yes but he just couldn't sleep. He's woken up with a shock now, he'd only fallen asleep an hour before that.

He threw an arm over Ashton's torso, the honey blonde was awake as well and he knew that Calum was up but he didn't turn around or make it known that he was awake. Calum exhaled quietly and nuzzled into Ashton neck, breathing in his soulmate's scent. Ashton could feel Calum's emotions, they were strong and the honey blonde didn't know what to do. He felt like he needed to turn around and hold Calum but he knew that he'd say nothing was wrong. But Ashton turned around anyway and Calum was surprised to find Ashton's hazel eyes shining back at him. Calum closed his eyes within milliseconds and Ashton shook his head, cupping Calum's cheek, the ravennettes eyes slowly opening again. "Baby," Ashton cooed, kissing Calum's forehead.

Calum bit his lip and hummed, "I know you aren't okay...so what's wrong ?" Ashton asked, his hand going to Calum's waist, pulling his soulmate closer.

Calum sighed, "I just feel like I'm putting you guys in danger. I'm making you guys run and escape with me, I'm making trouble for you. I feel like I don't belong with you guys, yeah we're soulmates but like you guys just want to settle down and be a normal family but I'm stopping you from doing that, I mean without me you guys could've had all of your babies and you could've been staying at a nice house with your kids but no, instead your running with me and keeping me safe. Helping me run from the person I called my mother for nineteen years. It's my fault if you guys get hurt and it is my fault that you and Mikey's baby didn't survive. If it wasn't for me then she would've been alive and just like Luna. She would've been with us. If Chloe hadn't gotten Michael as well as me-I don't matter in this- then Taylor would've survived. But no, I dragged you guys into this and your baby ended up dead. From the time Luke got to the cell to get Michael and I out, I knew that I should've left. I knew that I didn't belong but u stayed because I love you guys too much too leave you." Calum whispered, his eyes cast down, not meeting Ashton's.

Ashton watched intently as Calum spoke, he didn't interrupt. Calum looked up at Ashton, his bottom lip between his teeth again and waited for Ashton's reply. "One; you do belong with us. We love you a lot.  Two; we don't mind doing this. Three; you're our soulmate Cal, we'd do anything for you. We truly don't mind. Yes we want abnormal family but we aren't saying that we don't want this. Our life would be extremely boring without you now that I'm thinking of it. It'd have been three of us, looking after kids at one place our whole lives. We love you Calum and you do belong with us, no matter what anyone says." Ashton said, his hand going to Calum's back, splaying his fingers across the soft, tan skin.

Calum pursed his lips, looking down again, "I'm sorry..." he said as his eyes pooled with tears. "Sorry for what ?" Ashton asked, pulling Calum closer so that his head was in Ashton's neck. "Sorry for making you worried and keeping you up." Calum whispered and it was was followed by a quiet sob. "Baby you didn't keep me up, I was up already, and I don't mind this. You're my soulmate." Ashton explained, running his free hand through Calum's hair. Calum just sobbed into Ashton's neck and the honey hatred boy's heart broke because he didn't like seeing Calum like that and he could feel whatever Calum was feeling. "Cal ?" Came Michael's groggy voice from behind Ashton. Calum sniffled and Michael pouted, reaching over Ashton and putting a hand on the raven haired boy's waist, next to Ashton's.

"Love you," Michael said, somehow getting on top of Ashton just so that he could see Calum. "Love you too," Calum mumbled, but he didn't look up. "Baby don't cry." Michael said as he kissed Calum's head. A few seconds later, Luna started crying and Luke groaned as he rolled out of bed and picked the baby out of her carrier. Luke slowly shushed her back to sleep and turned around with a yawn, his eyes brows furrowing after seeing the three hurdles together and hearing Calum crying. "What happened ?" He asked quietly, going around the bed and kneeling next to Calum. He put a hand on the raven haired boy's shoulder and when he got no response, just quiet sobs, Luke's frown deepened. Ashton moved backwards making Michael fall into Calum who was whining due to the loss of Ashton's touch but soon he was pulled back into the honey haired boy's chest and he quietened down a bit. Luke got onto the bed, helping Michael to get back on top of Ashton before he held Calum from behind, his head in Calum's neck.