Chapter 41:

Riley's POV:

I've been thinking about what has happened and I think i need tell someone other than my friends. Maybe slowly tell my parents, starting with my mom. I really don't want to tell my dad I mean I am his little girl. The perfect daughter and now that's all going to be ruined. I wish this never happened. Well, I still only know bits and pieces, but I need my mom right now. I really want to know the whole story and the only way is to involve the police, even though it'll be hard on everyone. I walk out into the living room with sweats and a t-shirt bracing myself to get ready to spill. My dad was visiting family and my mom and Auggie were going to head down tomorrow after school. I had a game to cheer at so I could head till after that and I was bringing Lucas with me to meet my grandparents and aunt. 

R:"Hey mom, can we talk? It's kinda important?"

T: "Of course, sweetie. Is this about Lucas meeting the rest of your dad's side of the family. I'm sure everyone will love him."

R: "No, I know they will love him. I'm confident in that. It's just....um do you remember when I was having a hard time when Josh went in the military because we had gotten really close and was afraid something might happen to him."

T: "Yes, that was really hard for all us, but I saw how hard it was for you."

R: "Well, I started not making the smartest decisions and I started sneaking out, to go to parties, but I don't do that anymore. Not since something happened......"

I then went and explained everything that has happened since Josh's deployment to now.  She started at me in shock.

T: "Riley, I am so sorry this is happening to you at such a young age. I'm here for you. We will tell your father together when your ready of course. I am so glad you've had Lucas and Maya through all of this. I love you, sweetie."

R: " Thanks mom, I love you too. I really want to know what happened. I know who is kinda involved though."

So, me and my mom had a long conversation of what to do. She asked me if I wanted to go to school today and I did. My friends were all there and she was going to go talk with some people she worked with, so I was going to be a little late. I went in my room. It was December, so it would be freezing outside.

Lucas' POV:

Where is Riley? I should of picked her up, but she texted me saying she didn't need a ride. I thought maybe she was riding with Maya, but here's Maya and no Riley. She'll be here hopefully by second. Second came and still no Riley. She didn't show up until lunch. She started walking towards me with one of those goofy smiles on  her face that I loved. 

R: "Hey"

L:"Hi. Where have you been?"

R" I was at home talking to my mom. I'll tell you about it later."

I was about to tell her to tell me now, but then Maya walked up with Farkle followed by Zay who had a sad look on his face. Oh no! He and Sarah broke up. I could tell he had the same look on his face when he and Vanessa broke up. I whispered asking Riley if she had talked to Sarah lately. She told me no, but that Sarah had been seeing another guy and the girls told her she needs to be better than that to Zay. Oh great.....