Chapter 48:

Riley's POV:
Today, me, Lucas, and Maya were all not going to school instead we had to go to the courthouse for Jack's finally hearing. I may never know the truth, but at least he'd be locked away, maybe. I wanted to look totally bad ass when walking in there today, so I pulled on my outfit then topped it off with one of Lucas' leather jackets. After I was all ready Lucas came through the window and pulled me into a hug.  I snuggle my head into the crook of his neck.  He was whispering to me everything was going to be okay.  We then went out to my living room and waited for Maya and my mom to be ready/get here. Maya got here and after about 30 minutes my mom was finally ready to leave. My dad was going to spend the day with Auggie. I did't want too many people there, but I need my mom, my best friend, and my boyfriend.

I had to go up and be questioned like I did something wrong for defending myself. From what I don't know, but all I do know is I feel like trash.

Judge: Miss. Matthews now its time for you to give your final statement.

R: Umm, I know I wasn't the best person ever when what ever happened. I had gotten into some bad things nothing too too bad though. I got drunk a few times and went to so many parties with people my age. I have been dealing with anxiety since I was about ten years. I always felt it was best to keep it on my face. My Uncle Josh is someone I'm very close to and when he went into the, which I'm very proud that he got to serve our country. But it spiked my anxiety because I was afraid something bad would happen to him. Instead of talking to my parents which I could've done because they are the best ones I could ever ask for, but I didn't. I didn't console in my friends either. Like I always have I took it upon myself not to involve them. One day, I came home from a party like usual. Only I didn't remember anything. And piece by piece they came back and are still coming back. I may have been under the influence for whatever happened that night. I may never know, but what ever it was it has made me feel so bad about myself. I've the worst panic attacks of my life. Not only did this happen, but he constantly stalked. He even showed up when I was on vacation with my friends. When I asked him to go away, I got a punch in the face. After all this he got his friends to start harassing me. With all this going on I had so much more thoughts about myself. I even thought of ending it all just so I don't have to feel like this anymore. Don't get me wrong though, I have a great life I have amazing parents, family, best friends, and a boyfriend who even after found out about this still stuck by me. I don't want you to feel sorry for me. I just want to feel safe again.

Judge: Thank you Miss. Matthews. Now the jury will take a brief recess before the final verdict is decided.

I got up and walked straight towards Lucas, he grabbed my hand as we followed Maya and my my mom outside. We were gonna grab starbucks before we hear the decision. All of our stomachs were in knots at the moment, so we couldn't eat a thing. Afterwards we headed back. I was sat between Maya and Lucas wit my mom on the end next to Maya. Lucas had his arms wrapped around me. The final verdict was guilty. I felt like I could finally breathe again. Maybe next year I'll feel safe again