Chapter Twenty: Odette

"You want my help?" I scoffed before lifting up my tea cup from it's saucer. I looked at the girl that was sitting on the couch across from me. "How do you know this is even Hook? How can I trust you?" I asked, looking at the tea that in said tea cup.

"Do you have the second book?" Maxwell asked, looking at me with an evil glare.

"Well, I own it." I scoffed, looking at her. I lifted up my tea cup once more and looked at her.

"Then get it for me." She remarked, shaking her head. I chuckled.

"I would. But, it seems as if your pet, Peter, has stolen it. So, I cannot retrieve you my spell book."

"Peter does not have it!" She shouted at me. I looked at her and cocked my head.

"Really then?" I asked, placing my cup and saucer on the coffee table in front of me and crossing my legs. "If he doesn't have it, then why did he attack me in the middle of an ally about the damn thing? Huh!?" I spat at her.

"He did that days ago! You have no proof it was him!"

"Oh! Don't you dare! If I hadn't nearly burnt him to a crisp, he would've gotten it!" I shouted, standing to my feet and looking at Maxwell. "And, even now, how do I know if he doesn't have it or not?" I asked, walking over to my bookshelf and filing through them for a spell book. I pulled one out and looked for a specific spell.

"What are you doing?" Maxwell asked, looking at me with a look of disgust. I scowled at her as she took a step closer to me.

"Stay the hell away from me." I spat at her. I snapped my fingers at her. She shouted before turning into a daisy. "That ought to keep you quiet for a while." I shook my head as I picked her up and looked at the stem of the flower. "Listen, I don't know who you are. I don't care who you are. I was just passing through. I didn't mean to hit your pet with my van. He came out of nowhere. It's his fault. If he weren't flying where he should've been, he wouldn't've gotten hit." I slid the flower into my buttonhole and walked out to my van.

"My mirror told me that Hook isn't who he says he is. Mirror told me that he stole the book. I don't know why the damn book is so important. If you need it, get it yourself." I snapped, pulling the flower out of the buttonhole and throwing it at the passengers' seat, where it landed and almost fell off the bench. I snapped my fingers and kept it on the seat.

"It's just a spell book."