Chapter One

Cold. It's January, and freezing cold in England. The year is 1998, Cassie, currently nine years old, attended school like any other kid.

She walked from her current home to the school which wasn't too bad of a walk. She usually walked with her siblings, her brother continued walking after Cassie and her younger sister went to their school as he was in secondary school, unlike them who were in primary school.

Cassie was in year five, her sister seven year old sister Tierney being in year two. They all walked side by side, Tierney rambling about her class, Cassie looking around, trying her best to listen to her small sisters story, and Chris the eldest listening and talking to Tierney.

"Hey Cass, what's your opinion on Clyde, isn't he a jerk? I think he's a jerk, but he is funny, but he's so jerky it's funny." Tierney said, startling the almost completely phased out Cassie.

"Oh um, sorry Tierney but who's Clyde?" Cassie looked down at her sister with a sheepish smile. "Didn't you just listen to my story?!?! I just told you everything about him!!!" Tierney was obviously upset, she stared angrily at her sister.

"Oh yea sorry I forgot, yea he is a jerk." Cassie said, pretending that she actually knew what her sister was talking about. "Finally someone agrees! See Chris, even Cass agrees that he's a jerk and you can't deny it cus' I'm your little sis and I'm always right."

Chris rolled his eyes and proceeded to attempt to argue with his stubborn sister. Cassie continued looking around at the snow covered trees and the cars heading down the street beside her.

After two more minutes of walking they arrived at school, Chris continued walking until he reached the school he attended. Cassie and Tierney walked in before splitting up to go do their own things. Cassie walked to her locker, she switched shoes changing out of her snow covered boots and into a nicer pair of shoes.

She got her books and walked to class, upon arrival she sat down at her desk. The day went on class by class she sat, trying her best to pay attention. It was finally her last class, she was in her homeroom for this class. It passed by quickly but right as the teacher finished her lesson she said something that startled Cassie.

"Cassidy, can you meet me after class please." Cassie's eyes got wide, she agreed to talk to her but she was terrified. Why me I haven't done anything wrong.