Chapter Nineteen

The creaking from below his cold attic bedroom got louder and that's when he realised he wasn't in the clear. Now Ly sat clenching his chest as if he was about to die, he had been through this so many times before he didn't know why it still got to him.

Her high heels clattered up the stairs to his location where he sat terrified and motionless. Everything had been fine for the past three months, but that brute mentality of hers never went away and he always had his looming suspicion of this.

"Your little friend won't know about this." She hissed and approached him, grabbing him by the collar and dragging him down the sets of stairs to a bath of cold water which she forced his head into, giving him no chance for a breath before hitting the icy waters.

"Stop struggling." She yelled keeping him underneath for an extended amount of time before letting go out of boredom. He spat out water and went into a coughing fit that was held together by his sobbing.

"Quit crying." Her voice was as commanding as ever.
"I-I..." He went into another coughing fit before he could proceed.
"You were a mistake and a mistake you will always stay." Her eyes narrowed and she stood up from her kneeling position.

"You know Lyle, I feel bad for your parents. You'll never be able to live up to your siblings who are, well, better than you but still trash. They must've realised this and that's why they told me to keep you, you unwanted filth." She started walking out before he lost it.
"I'm-m going to ru-in you, you li-ar." He looked up at her and she leaned on the wall beside her.

"How's that? You can't do shit to me kid, you can barely talk and you handle every situation poorly, I don't even think you have a mind anymore." She laughed at her own comment as he stood up and cracked his jaw as if it was his knuckles.
"I'm gonna tell the world of your torment." His apraxia temporarily stopped due to the cracking giving his jaw the strength to keep going with his words, this was a limited time and honestly slightly way of keeping it controlled though.

"I'll beat you to a pulp if you do."
"It will be worth it." He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and walked out, not only walking out of the bathroom but exiting the house entirely.

While walking he met up with Cass mid way on his trip to her house, it was a coincidence but it was a good coincidence.

He wanted to start speaking but all that left his lips was nonsensical gibberish. Cass tapped his shoulder three times to signify this because this wasn't the first time an incident of this sort has happened and he quickly collected himself.

"Guess what started aga-in." He looked down and cracked his jaw again to keep this affect as long lasting as possible for the time being.
"Oh god, you can stay with me Ly, I'm going on vacation for four days over spring break thou-" She paused and then smiled.
"You can come with me." He looked quite shocked but nodded. He'd do anything to get away from his mom.