Chapter Seven

Ly barely visited Cass due to the strict rules of his mother, but the days he did show up he was beaten up to the point that one day he couldn't move once he sat down his body was so bruised and ached that much. This day was different, he came unexpectedly but it wasn't because he needed help he just genuinely liked Cass's presence.

He knocked on Cass's door and when she opened it there he stood with a small lizard on his head and bags full of what appeared to be Christmas themed ice cream Popsicle hybrids. "What's with the lizard and ice cream?" She asked as he walked in. "It's called I cau-ght him and a go-od finan-cial choice." He put the ice cream on the counter and put the lizard in a small box with the top cut off for air and so they could look down at it.

"So I'm guessing you caught the lizard and well I'm still kinda confused about the ice cream..." She said, he looked up at her and when he spoke she could see where he was still missing a tooth.
"Well th-is ice cream is limited time for the Christmas season and is hon-estly the best so me buy-ing a bunch of it is nice cause I get to eat it wh-en no one else do-es."
"But why did you bring it here? Also it's February thirteenth how did you even get that didn't they stop selling Christmas stuff?"

"Cass, the day you accid-entally hit me in the ba-ck of the he-ad you ment-ioned to that gi-rl that your favo-urite food is ice cream, so I deci-ded you'd like this. Al-so this one sto-re had a giant clear-ance on Christmas stu-ff for who kn-ows what reaso-" He stopped abruptly, his facial expression a bit grim.
"You got me at the ice cream part... Wait what's wrong Ly?" She asked.

"I-I completely for-" He stopped in the middle of forgot, of course now was the time that he couldn't say it. "For- for-" he continued repeating it, each time he got more frustrated. "Birth-day. Th-ree da-ys. Mi-ne." He said, it took her a second before she had finally realised what he was trying to say was that his birthday was in three days, February sixteenth.

"Oh my goodness it's your birthday isn't it? I'll have to get you something and I can make you a cake if you'd like. I'm happy you remembered!" She smiled and he smiled sheepishly. "I've nev-er celebrated m-y birthday..." He said quietly and she gasped. "Then I'll make this the best! Come over at four o' clock on the sixteenth cause it'll take me a little bit to make a gift and stuff." He nodded and they started eating ice cream.

"Thank you for the ice cream by the way!" She said and he smiled, not even attempting to speak. They continued eating ice cream until after awhile she asked where he found the lizard, he answered with how he found it in the old greenhouse in his backyard that's never used. They spoke for a little bit before he finally headed home, she watched him walk back so she could make sure he didn't get hurt. She then got to work on a gift idea.