Chapter Twenty One

He stayed at her house for a few days after the vacation ended, before returning home. The day had come where both her and her father knew this couldn't stay.

She arrived at his house one evening, the younger woman opened the door and looked down upon Cass.

"What do you want?" Her teeth were clenched.
"Your attention." Cassie spoke with confidence as she stood in front of what she considered to be the reincarnate of the devil.
"Stop wasting my time twerp." She squinted at her and Cass continued standing, smiling.

"Admit it."
"Admit what, kid?"
"Admit that you were wrong for abusing him."
"Can't say I was wrong for giving the mistake what he deserves."
"Thanks ma'am." Cass said, holding up a tape recorder that she had just recorded the entire conversation on.

"You can't do that, I have rights kid! I'm calling the police!" She screeched, Cass smiled.
"Have fun in jail ma'am." She winked and stopped recording and started running.

The running lead her to the police station which she had previously notified of her arrival. She already told the police of Ly's abusive legal guardian and now she had crucial evidence to support this case.

She walked in and talked to the officer she had previously talked to. She handed him the tape and explained what it was before heading home.

~

Trials began and she was convicted, now Ly packed his bags and Cass helped him. She didn't want him to leave but he had to, they had reached his biological parents and they were finally in a proper financial state to be able to take care of him and his siblings.

"Goodbye, Ly."
"Goodbyes are depre-ssing." He wiped his eyes and hugged her.

"I'll se-e you again, I prom-ise."
She wiped the tears off of her cheeks, "You really think so?"
"I don't think, I know." He smiled as he was escorted to an airport.

His next living destination was South Korea, which only lasted about a two years before his entire family came back to Britain, but at that time Cass was back in Canada.

Though the chances were slim they still existed, and that's what counted. That's what lead to it.

Nine Years Later

Serene, The one word to describe the bliss of waking up in the morning to sit down, drink coffee, and simultaneously check multiple forms of social media.

Well at least it was that way for some people. One person specifically actually, a nineteen year old named Cassidy Norab living in Stockholm, Sweden.