Chapter Twenty

The trip was two hours long and nice, Ly had never left Bristol so seeing the rest of the United Kingdom was nice as they headed to Tenby, a seaside town in Wales.

Right when they got there he was stunned, it was beautiful. They were staying at a resort near the beach and seeing a beach for the first time was an extraordinary thing for him.

He stepped out of the car to immediately direct his gaze toward the massive body of water in front of him. His jaw dropped and he went to unpack as quickly as possible to go greet the ocean.

As he finished unpacking Cass knocked on his hotel rooms door, her family stayed in a larger room beside his which he had to himself, it was smaller then their room but still nicely laid out to make it as comfortable as possible for him.

He opened the door to see her standing, wearing a dress that concealed her one piece bathing suit.
"Are you coming to the beach with us?" She asked and he nodded.
"Wait the-re, I'll be one sec-ond."

She complied as he shut the door and changed into a bathing suit, wearing a black t-shirt instead of going shirtless to avoid the risk of his pale skin burning in the sun.

He opened the door and walked toward the elevator with Cass.
"My families already there so we can just meet up with them there." She said and he smiled.
"Tha-nk you so mu-ch for bringing me he-re."
"It's no problem, we come here every vacation we go on." She smiled as they entered the elevator which lead them down to the first floor which they navigated through to the beach.

The beach had a large group of people at it but her family was easily recognisable. She set her towel and bag down near where her sister had put her stuff and she took off her casual dress and put on sun screen. Her bathing suit was a pastel blue colour which wasn't too bright and fit in with her light freckled skin.

He put on sunscreen and walked toward the water with slight hesitation. His past experiences with water gathered in one area weren't good, so his instinct was the try not to get to close to it.

"It's not gonna hurt you Ly." She walked up behind him, frightening him as he stood, slightly nervous.

She walked into the water, "See, I'm ok and as long as your beside me I won't let anything hurt you, I promise."

He nodded and walked into the water. Once he realised he was ok he smiled and calmed down. "Tha-nk you." He spoke and she smiled.

They messed around for hours, taking polaroid photos to remember everything and honestly just being kids. They went out to eat dinner and they both watched a movie before going to sleep.

It was a content routine that kept up throughout the week, they went to an aquarium which made Ly happy and then they drove a little ways to an amusement park which was another new experience for him.

He was happy and as they went home she knew she had to get him and his siblings away from their step-mother even though she knew the consequences of this could affect both of their lives dramatically.