Chapter Sixteen

They continued seeing each other at school, the realisation that he didn't really need her anymore kept her from leaving his side. Her one eye was now completely blind and a light greyish colour compared to her other eye, leading to a little bit of teasing. Through all of the insults Ly insulted them back, the tables had turned from her looking out for him to him looking out for her.

Now Ly walked to his house, slightly concerned that Cass wasn't with him he resiliently continued walking until he reached his home. The afternoon spread on into the evening and he decided he was going to go check on her.

He reached her front door and knocked, waiting for an answer he stood patiently on the porch while looking at the neighbouring houses. After a minute a tall man, presumably her father, opened the door.

"Yes?" The man asked.
"I'd like t-o see Cass ple-ase." Lyle stood determined and the man let him in.

Lyle walked in and the first thing he saw was Cass with a half bandaged face, covering one of her eyes and dried blood on the bandage covering her cheek. He quickly walked over to her and sat down next to her on the couch where she was covered in blankets.

"Cass what happ-ened?" He asked and she smiled.
"Oh Ly, I'm glad your here, I just got beat up that's all, I'm ok." The eye bandaged was her good eye so she couldn't see a thing.

"Who did th-is?" His voice was bitter and she was barely looking at him, her stare was blank and directed toward the ceiling.
"Two classmates, I'm fine Ly I'm fine."
"You aren't comp-letely blind now, a-re you?" He asked, his voice was soft and in a hushed tone.
"No, I'll have this bandage off in a week, for now I'm going to miss school because of the fact I can't see."

He stayed beside her, he tried cheering her up even though he was enraged. The week went on and eventually he did find out who beat her up. He spoke harshly to them which lead from empty threats to an actual fist fight. Ly left the fight with only a few scratches and bruises, his two opponents had a little worse of an outcome but he pushed it off.

The only thing he was worried about now was Cass.