Chapter Two

As soon as class finished Cassie walked toward the teacher, her classmates glancing and whispering. If something has happened she was completely unaware of it.

She stood at the front of her teachers desk. "Now Cassidy," This sounds like the start of a lecture. "You aren't in trouble. The school just has a easy but important task for you."

She was surprised, and actually felt quite honored. "What is it Mrs. Harrender?" She asked, intrigued with what the task could be.

"Well in the school records there is a registered student in this class that has only attended one day of school. The records have his initials down, not his full name, so I guess calling him this would be ok."

She looked down at a piece of paper with information on the boy. "Ly D. Reslin is the name we have down. It would be quite a shame to see him get in trouble for not attending school at all except one day. We are sending you to get answers."

Wait what. "But why me?" Cassie asked, confused and concerned. "Because we've tried everything but no one ever answers the door or the phone in that house. I particularly feel the approach of a child will make them open up, also he only lives a short distance away from you."

The teacher handed Cassie the paper, everything happened so quickly. "I'll try my best." Cassie replied, nervous for everything that was about to happen.

The teacher thanked her and she left the classroom and got her stuff, meeting her sister out in the courtyard of the school. "You took too long and I had candy I was gonna share with you but it's mine now." Tierney said looking up at Cassie.

"I'm sorry for the wait, I got an extra assignment." They continued walking, meeting up with Chris along the way and Cassie parting ways with them. She explained she's be home before dinner and headed off to the address on the record paper.