Big Brother?

"Yuki C'mon we are gonna be late!" My older brother of 11 months, Mahiru scolded shaking me awake.
I let out a soft moan and shook my head before burying myself in the large pile of fluffy blankets.
"Argh! C'mon you lazy ass wake up!" He growled grabbing me and pulling me out of the bed.
Hugging his chest tightly I buried my face in his chest.
"No!"
"Yuki no... Wake up" He whined pulling me off of him And setting me on my feet and walking away.
Slowly I rubbed at my eyes and sighed softly before stumbling to my closet and changing in to a pair of knee high black socks and one of my brothers huge black sweatshirts that for me like a dress because of how skinny and frail my frame was compared to his. We are about the same height but I'm all skin and bones.
Brushing my hair I then put on some black eye makeup and grabbed black and silver shoulder bag before heading towards the living room.
"I see you got up" Mahiru smirked.
"Not because I wanted to" I sighed grabbing my pills from the cabinet.
Mahiru chuckled before slowly looking at the pills sadness slowly overcoming his eyes.
I avoided his sympathetic gaze and quickly poured some water and took them
"Let's get out of here we have to discuss the festival today" I smiled brightly turning to him happily.
He just sighed and nodded before grabbing his bag and we left the house.
"So what are you gonna volunteer to do?" I looked up at my brother.
"Cooking probably but I usually end up volunteering for six other things too" he laughed sending me a closed eyed smile.
I rolled my eyes.
"True I can help though!" I grinned before running ahead of him.

At School
Sitting lazily in my seat I watched the class rep mess around with the chalk board as we discussed the carnival thing we were organizing.
"Okay, all that's left is deciding who's in charge of the costumes" class rep stated
Looking around lazily I saw other doing the same, no one really wanting to do it.
Suddenly my friend Sakuya raised his hand slightly as he leaned over his desk.
"Hey! Hey! What about Mahiru? Mahiru!" The green haired boy looked around.
Sighing I shook my head.
"No, Mahiru is already assigned to food prep" I explained.
"But he lives alone and can do all kinds of housework perfectly!!"
Glaring at me friend I sighed.
Since he was sitting right beside me I took the liberty of leaning over and smacking him a good one upside the head.
"Yo broccoli are you forgetting about someone? It my house too!" I narrowed my eyes as I yelled at him harshly, upset that I was forgotten like usual.
Sakuya let out a grunt before turning and looking at me.
His eyes widened and he quickly sent me an apologetic smile as he rubbed his head painfully.
"Ah! Sorry Yuki.... But Uhm the class took a vote and we all decided that we would let you off this time and you wouldn't have to do anything" Sakuya laughed nervously.
Instantly my mood went dark.
"Just because I'm 'sick' doesn't mean that I'm becoming paralyzed and can't function. I'm fine. I'll do it I've told you before I'm not completely useless" I exclaimed crossing my arms and turning away from the class
"W-wait Yuki! I didn't mean it like tha-"
Suddenly the door slammed open revealing my brother who was wearing an apron and was holding two very full baskets of cookies.
"What a pain! How long does it take to decide who does what?!"
Letting out a small laugh , I watched him juggle the full baskets of cookies.
"Mahiru!" Someone behind me murmured.
Suddenly Mahiru shoved the baskets forwards.
"Here. I baked some test cookies while you guys were deciding"
Almost instantly everyone jumped up from their seats and rushed up to my brother, eager to taste Mahiru's delicious food.
"H-Hey! Get in line! I've got plenty for everyone!" Mahiru yelped.
Watching in amusement I glanced at my classmates face as they took a bite of the cookie and laughed as I saw their face turn to faces of utter bliss.
"Delicious ~"
"Even though it's a super simple butter cookie..."Ryusei mumbled as he chewed, " is he a pro or something?"
"Nope. He's taken care of me my whole life with these cookies. We like it simple" I laughed shaking my head.
"Simple is best!" Mahiru grinned as he took a big bote out his own cookie.
He must have noticed that I was still in my seat since before I knew what he was doing he was standing in front of me with his hand out.
Glancing at his palm I saw a snowflake shaped one and laughed softly knowing he made it specially for me.
"Thanks Mahiru ~" I grinned before taking the cookie as he gestured for me to grab it.
Taking a small bite I couldn't help but moan in delight, covering my mouth so nothing would accidentally come out of my mouth.
Mahiru chuckled and peered down st me.
"Must taste pretty good huh?" He smirked.
I nodded and sent him a cute closed eyed smile.