Preview of new book

"Now listen (f/n), stay away from the city. There are bad people there. The city is full of danger you're never safe. Right now or even in the future. As long as you're with me you'll be alright." Your father tells you.
"Okay Daddy! Which city again?" You ask him.
"Death City." He tells you.

The name of the city has been burned into your brain. 'Death City'. Today now you know what he meant 6 years ago. The mafias are the 'bad people'.

"Dante! where are my shoes?!" You yell to your best friend.

You have lived with Dante for 2 and a half years now. You moved in after your father died. He was shot and stabbed while in the city. He was caught in a fight between different mafias. To this day it's still a mystery what they were fighting for. You had to go find out yourself.

"I told you! They're by the front door (f/n)!" Dante yells at you.
"Thank you!" You yell back at him while going to the front door.

You grab your shoes, slipping them on and lacing them up. You go to the the couch and grab your phone.

"Did you remember your gun?" Dante asks with food in his mouth.
"Strapped under my skirt! I also have my phone." You answer him.
"Just be safe. I don't need you dead. Who will clean the house for me then?" He asks whining the last part.
"My ghost will." You tell him leaving the front door.

You walk outside putting up your hood.  Hiding some of your face from the public. Making your way to the entrance of Death City. The smell of vehicular smoke, the cigars, clogged drain openings, and the trash.

"Watch out for the alleyways (f/n). You don't know which territory you're in." You whisper to yourself.

Crossing the busy streets, observing the angry drivers. You get to the corner. Looking at the streets. You've been exploring Death City, looking for people to answer all the questions behind your father's death. But those people are useless. All they do is draw the symbol of the mafias that were involved.

"Damn I need to take a break." You say out loud.

You walk into the nearest Starbucks Coffee. You order a tea and sit down. You see someone who you've asked before about your father. You sit down infront of them.

"Searching for more answers again, (F/n)?" The woman asks.
"Yeah. I might try another direction today." You tell her.
"Try the middle which means going straight." She tell you.
"Which group is that again? Sorry I just get very confused." You apologize while putting your head in your palm.
"That's most dangerous out there. Well in the city, that's what I mean." She tells you sliding a napkin with the symbol.
"Thank you once again. I'll be going now." You tell her.

You get up and leave. Having the symbol fresh in your brain. Three white stripes.  Forgetting which way you went you panic looking around. Shit! You're lost in a new area to you.  Looking to your left was a dark alley. This isn't good at all.

*CLICK*

The sound of a gun being locked, ready to fire echoed through the alley. You quickly pull out your gun. Pointing it down the alley. This is the end for you. Suddenly foot steps were heard behind you. You felt a gun held against the back of your head. Dropping your gun.

"Go forward. Boss will want to see you." The man says pushing you.

You walk forward in the alley. Following another person who was holding a gun in the alley to begin with. You take a really long way to get to their 'boss'.

"Get down on your knees." The man holding a gun to your head instructs.

You go down on your knees. Your hood gets pulled back. You look down at the floor.

"We got another one boss." One man says.
"I see that. You may leave so I can inspect her." Another male voice says but with a powerful tone.

The men taking you here left.  You see two black shiny shoes infront of you. feeling a gun being put under your chin, lifting your head up.  Yellow eyes staring at you. Looking closer to see...

"Three white stripes." You say in shock.