Homecoming

Today was the day I was on my way back to the compound. I didn't know what to expect. In fact I was quite scared to go back. The only thing I was looking forward to was seeing the twins  and Zander. I missed them and it would do me some good to see them. I was discharged from the hospital wing of the building and Brodie took me under his care. As we walked back to headquarters, we caught up a little. It was nice catching up with Brodie because we haven't seen each other in a while. We eventually made it to the front door of the compound and said our goodbyes. It was now up to me face my fear of seeing everyone on the compound. I walked up to the door and stood there, frozen. After about three minutes I put my hand on the knob and turn it.

After turning the door knob I felt a tug and the door flew open. To my surprise Erin lunged herself at me and began to hug me. My eyes grew big as she started to squeeze me and lean forward causing me to lean back and almost fall. She let go after while and ushered me into the house. Everyone stopped what they were doing and immediately made their way to the front door. They all seemed happy to see me but nowhere near as happy as Erin was. After they had asked me all the questions they felt necessary to ask they went back to what they were doing. I was confused because I didn't see Zander anywhere in the living room or kitchen. I started to get worried so I ask Erin where he was. She gladly stated that he was our room. I was confused as to why, but I quickly made my way to our room. I knocked on the door and quietly opened it. As a view into the room appeared I saw a bright-eyed boy holding what looked like one of the twins. He was smiling and motioned for me to come to him. I walked to the bed and sat down next to him. Khai was in his arms sleep and Skai was laying on the other side of the bed sleep as well.

"Hey."

"Hey hun."

"Umm why weren't you with everyone else to greet me when I got here. Did you not know I was coming home today?"

"No, I knew and I'm sorry. I wasn't there because I wanted to spend time with the twins."

"Oh. Well I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"For making you feel bad."

"You didn't make me feel bad and again I'm sorry for not being there when you first got here."

"It's fine. I just wanna cuddle with you for a bit now."

"I can arrange that."

With those words he put a smile on my face. He also placed the twins in their cradle. After doing so he climbed back on the bed and pat the bed to the side of him. I smiled and nicely crawled under him. He put his arm around me and gave me a kiss. I don't know why but I couldn't help but smile through this. I was glad to be back in his arms. They were so soft and cozy. After laying there for a while I got tired, so Zander and I fell asleep peacefully.