Information

Nicola's P.O.V

The weeks following the signing to Hi Or Hey Records, and the boys asking our band to go on tour with them hasn't felt real. All of us couldn't wrap our heads around it, and the actual thought never really sunk in.

All of those emotions went into a frenzy once a package from Zoe came in, giving all of us everything we need to know about anything and everything involving the tour. This morning I texted Maisie and Christine to come over, so we could look over everything and discuss what we needed to about touring.

We all settled on the patio outside at Sam and I's house, us including the girls, my parents, and Ms. Kennedy. I grabbed the package and handed it over to Ms. K, and she began to pull out papers.

"This looks like all of the boys' numbers, you girls can go ahead and take those down," She said, handing the paper over to Samantha. "And this looks like lists of states, venues, and hotels," she continued, handing them over to my parents.

"Why doesn't every single state have hotels on the list?" My mom asks aloud.

"Well," Maisie began, "every single show doesn't have a break in between them. So, most of the time we'll be on the bus," she finished as my parents continued looking at the lists.

"This tour will be a good two or so months on the road. Are you sure, you girls are going to be okay?" My dad asks, receiving nods from all of us. As we continued looking over things, Christine pulls an envelope out signed to us.

"Hey guys, this is a letter from Zoe," She states as we look over to her.

"Go ahead and read it honey, I'll be right back. It looks like I'm getting a call from the fire station," Ms. Kennedy says, walking into the house.

"Dear Girls, I am so glad to be able to say that you will be joining us on the rest of the American leg of the tour. From the moment I heard you all play, I knew there was something special. I was SO excited, when the boys approached me about asking you girls to audition for the label, and to come along on tour with us. I'm greatly looking forward to hearing you all play live and your new music. All the information needed is in the package, and the boys have your numbers already. So, if you need anything at all, they are available. Don't forget you need to choose the songs you're going to cover, and write your 3 other originals. I will be keeping in touch with all of you during the time before tour, but until then, talk to you girls soon! Cheers, Zoe xx."

As Christine finished reading the letter, Ms. Kennedy came back into the room. She released a giant sigh, and put her phone back in her pocket.

"What's wrong Lisa?" My mom asks.

"It looks like half of the volunteers for the station aren't available this summer. The shortage on firefighters is already as low as it can get. I won't be able to go on tour with you guys," she says to everyone.

My parents look at each other, "You girls need to be supervised. But we can't leave our jobs either," my dad states thinking deeply.

"Dad, we are all practically adults. I mean, if it weren't for the tour, we would be getting ready to leave for college. Besides, there's a giant crew with lots security. We have Zoe, the boys, and John," Sam said, trying to convince the adults in the room to let as go without them.

"Well, she makes a valid point," Ms. Kennedy says, "I do trust that they will be safe. If anything were to happen, they can always fly back home," my parents listened, nodding their heads in agreement.

"Maybe we should call Zoe, just to clarify with her that it's alright that I'm not coming." Ms. Kennedy says as she pulls out her phone and dials Zoe's number.

"Zoe? Hi, yes it's Lisa Kennedy. I'm well thank you. How are you? Good, good. I understand you may be busy, but I wanted to double check with you about me going...Yes, I said I would like to come along with the girls, but it turns out I'm needed to stay here. I just wanted a second opinion since none of us parents can go... Great! I'll be sure to tell them. Have a nice day too. Alright, bye bye." She ends the call and looks to everyone.

"Well? What did she think?" My dad asks. "She said she thought the girls were old enough to make their own calls. And, if it's alright with us, it's alright with her."

"Looks like we'll be on our own girls," I say, all of us relieved that we will be able to travel.

"Where are we going to first?" Sam asks, reaching for the list.

Before she grabs it, Christine reads it out. "Pelham, Alabama. Says here, they want us to fly out to Birmingham three days before the show..." She trails off, finally handing over the paper to Sam.

"You girls better start cracking on those songs, you don't have a lot of time to write them. This is your job now. You can't procrastinate here," My mom says, setting the letter down.

"You're right, we should start writing. We have a lot to do, and not enough time." I say, feeling a bit nervous we won't be able to get everything done.

"Don't worry Nicola, I know we can do it. We all do," Maisie smiles at me. I nod, I have a feeling we can too.