Homesick

Maisie's P.O.V

The next few days we had off, as we traveled down the road to the next venue.

"Hey guys!" Cami shouted as I looked up from my phone.

"What's up Cam?" I asked quizzically.

"We're driving through Louisiana, look there's downtown New Orleans there!" She said, pointing through the front window. As soon as we all clamored to the front the bus jolted forward, all of us grabbing on to the chair and each other to stop ourselves from falling.

"What was that?" Sam exclaimed, her perfectly trimmed bangs now all over her face.

"Sorry girls," Charles the bus driver said. "The boys bus stopped so suddenly I had to stop to avoid hitting them. I'll park over here, that way we can go see what's going on," He continued, making his way over to side of the road, where he could fit a giant tour bus.

I call Chris from her bunk, as the rest of the girls and I step off the bus to see what's wrong. The boys are with John and Zoe, as the other bus driver, Dave, looks at the engine.

"What happened?" Cami asks, as she finds her way to Luke to give him a side hug.

"Our bus broke down. Dave thinks it'll take at least a day and half to fix," Luke stated, planting a kiss on Cami's head.

"So, what are we going to do?" Chris asked worriedly.

"We are going to stop at a hotel, since we already have a show in a couple of days, it should be fine to travel once we head out to Dallas," Zoe explained.

"Alright boys, head on to the girls bus so we can get to the hotel. That way we can get this bus moved. Grab any of the stuff you need," John said.

Twenty minutes later we checked into the Le Pavilion hotel. Chris and I clamored into our room, as did everyone else in order to settle everything.

"Why aren't you unpacking Chris?" I asked my little sister as she sat on the bed watching me.

"I've been meaning to tell you Mais," she started. Her tone made me incredibly worried, so I sat down next to her. "I asked John and Zoe if I could go back home for the next couple of days. All of this is really starting to wear on me...I've been wanting to tell you, but I was worried you'd get mad," she stammered.

"Chris, why would I get mad? I totally understand you need some time away. I'll let everyone know okay? You need some rest. When do you-?" I began to ask as John walked into the room.

"Ready to get going?" He asked Chris as she giggled towards me.

"I guess now?" I laughed to her.

"Yeah, John's taking me to the airport," she said as she stands up. I stand and give her a giant hug, squeezing just a little tighter for good measure.

"Have a safe flight and let me know when you land okay?" I tell her letting go from the hug.

"I will, I promise. See you in a couple of days," she smiles. John leads her out of the door, and tells me that he'll see me later.

I finishing placing my things in the room as the door knocks again.

"Hey Mais, you busy?" Cami asks as she walks in, sitting on the bed.

"No, not at all. I just finished putting stuff away. Speaking of which, do you want to room with me?"

"Why? Where's Chris?" She wonders worriedly.