Flirting

Maisie's P.O.V

It's been a couple of days since the best concert of the tour...well almost the best. Every show has been amazing so I can't say "the best" exactly. We had a couple of days off again, and since late last night we have been in Inglewood, California. The days came and went so quickly, I totally forgot it was my 18th birthday today. Until I was woken up to breakfast and presents from the girls, Zoe, John, and even a collective present from the boys (it was a Beastie Boys record collection, I was practically screaming).

The girls and I were just lounging around the bus, ridiculously bored.

"We should do something you guys," I groaned to the girls, as I look over to see Cami slowly falling asleep.

"Yeah! We have to continue celebrating your birthday. But what would you like to do?" Chris asks, looking up from her phone. As if they heard us, the door opens and all of the boys climb into the bus.

"Hey you guys," Luke says with a smile. "We were bored and thought we should do something fun," he continues.

"We were just discussing the same exact thing," Cami laughs.

"Especially since its Mais' birthday, we thought about going to the beach, but it's a bit late and no one wants to get sunburned I'm sure, so how about bowling?" Ashton asks.

"That's a great idea!" I exclaim, agreed nods among everyone.

"But really, we don't have to celebrate my birthday anymore, you guys made me breakfast and gave me great gifts, I couldn't ask for anything more," I say.

But Ashton shakes his head, and walks over to me to sit down and place his arm around me.

"It's your 18th, of course we are going to keep celebrating. Besides, who wouldn't want to celebrate you?" he says with a sweet smile. My heart skips a beat, but I push it down as quickly as it came up.

"Thanks Ash," I say softly.

"Of course candy floss!" And there goes the childishness of Ashton, returning to haunt me.

"Shut the hell up stupid," I say pushing his arm off of me.

"So," Calum says clearing his throat, "bowling then?" He asks.

"I say let's do it!" Sam exclaims.

We find a nice bowling alley nearby and take a car together, figuring we don't need to bring any bodyguards. But John insisted he go with us and promised to give us space, that way he was there incase anything happened.

Once inside the alley, Calum and I were the first to reach the desk, and were met with a young girl who looked around our age.

"Hey there cutie," Calum states, causing me to raise an eyebrow as the rest of the group meet up with us.

"We need one game for eight people," he continues with a wink. The girl blushes, and places the order. I glance over to Sam, who looks hurt and faces the floor.

"You're in lane ten," she says with gleaming blue eyes and hands the ticket over to Calum. He winks again and leads the way to the shoe desk.

As we make it to the lane, and place our names into the game, I see Sam standing a bit off to the side, watching everyone getting ready to play.