Blue Bar

Michael's P.O.V

The last time we came to New York, we went into this cool restaurant that's basically attached to the hotel we're staying in. It's called Blue Bar and the name speaks for it self. The minute you walk in, bright blue lights shine, creating an awesome look. As much as I was tired, I was really hungry, and I could not sleep on an empty stomach.

I stood outside of Nicola and Sam's door, waiting for Nic to change. I was really happy they were able to come out, even though Chris couldn't tag along. But that's alright, we knew we'd be seeing her in a couple of weeks.

I stood for a few of minutes, scrolling through my phone. After about five minutes of waiting Nicola walked out, wearing different clothes than when we came in.

"Ready to go?" She asks sweetly.

"Yeah, let's go," I respond, as we walk down the hallway together.

We made small talk as we walked out of the hotel, and I explained to her the restaurant we were going to. As we walked in, her eyes lit up, I knew she would think it was cool.

"Isn't this awesome?" I asked her as we walked to an open table.

"It's amazing! I love the lights," she said as she admired the room.

"Yeah, I think so too. So, do you think you're going to get something? I'll get it for you," I tell her as we sit down.

"Oh Michael, you don't have to," she says, slightly blushing.

"Please, it's the least I can do. You're the only one who wanted to come with me," I shrug, not really minding paying for her.

"I might get something, I'm actually a bit hungry. Thanks Mike," she smiles to me.

Once the waiter comes, we get two waters, knowing it's probably not smart to drink now since we would be going to bed afterwards. When the waiter came back with our drinks, we both ordered the grilled cheese (Nic had to explain to me it was a cheese toastie) and we gave the menus back to the man as he walked to the kitchen.

"So, Nicola, tell me about yourself," I say to her, she leans against the table, smiling slightly.

"What do you want to know?" She asks, I shrug.

"Don't know. Anything really. How'd you start the band, school, anything like that." I reply, just curious to learn more about her. The last time we had spoke, it was after our concert where all of us met. But even in that time, it wasn't enough to really learn anything about each other.

"Well, I'm going to be going to college for something music related. I haven't exactly decided what yet. I started playing violin when I was in 6th grade, which I think is year 7 for you. Uh....what else? Sam is my only sibling. I was born in California...I'm a huge nerd but I don't exactly look like one," she says, making us both laugh.

"What are you nerdy about?" I ask.

"Oh god, a sh*tload of stuff. Harry Potter, The Last Airbender, bands, classical music. You know the usual," she explains to me laughing a bit more. Her laugh was kinda cute...I shook my head, clearing the thought. I didn't need to think about her like that.

"Were you the one who started the band?" I asked curiously, "I mean...I guess so? It was sort of mutual between all of us, but Maisie really pushed for us to post something on YouTube." I nodded, understanding the feeling.

"So, if it was mutual, what made you guys think about trying?"

She blushes a bit again, "You guys were," she whispered.

"Us? As in the boys and I?" I asked her, she nodded her head.

"Yeah, at first we all joked about it, you know since we all play instruments. Then we saw you guys perform for the second time, we just thought you guys looked like you have fun and the next day we gave it a shot. The band was born!"

I nod my head, that's pretty damn cool that our band is inspiring others to pursue music. The waiter came over, handing us our food, and then walked back to the bar.

"I'm sorry, I know that sounds extremely cheesy. Especially now that we are going to tour with you guys," she tells me, looking down at her plate. I laugh a bit, shaking my head.

"No, no. You're fine. That's actually pretty awesome. I'm really glad we saw that video of you guys. Your band is very talented, it's cool we get to expose you guys to the country now," I tell her smiling.

"Thank you Michael. We owe a lot to you guys," she says to me.

"All you owe me is the money for your sandwich," she throws her napkin at me,

"Shut up stupid," making me laugh at her attempt at hitting me.

We sat in the restaurant for another hour, just talking about everything and getting to know each other better. Turns out we have a lot more in common than what meets the eye, and I soon realized she's a pretty great person all around. I could tell we would be really great friends.

After we were done, we went back into the hotel and up to our rooms. I gave her a big hug, thanking her for coming with me again. She smiled, opening her door. We said goodnight to each other as she walked into her room. I smiled to myself, getting excited for our next few days here in the city.