By Chance

Maisie's P.O.V

After we looked over everything, the girls and I decided to start writing. We wanted to write in a place that would give us some sort of inspiration. So, the next day we all jumped in my car and drove to a local park, with a small secret entrance we found when we were younger. It was quiet and pretty, and a great place for us to be creative.

We sat down, joked around, and occasionally wrote. We enjoyed the quiet time we were having, and after a while Christine's expression changed, and at this moment I knew she was no longer joking around.

"What do you think it will be like? Touring?" She asks aloud, we all look down, thinking.

"I don't know Chris. I think it's going to be hard, but also really fun. We can all agree this everything happened so fast. It's hard to imagine that we get to have this opportunity." I reply to her, "It was really all by chance."

"That's it!" Samantha yells, making all of us jump.

"What's what?" Nic asks her, placing her hand over her racing heart, startled by her outburst. "Our next song! By Chance, we can take the idea of us getting discovered and signed to the label and write about it." We all grow wide eyed, with giant smiles plastered on our faces.

"Sam that's a great idea!" I say with enthusiasm, "Let's get to it then!"

Nearly two hours pass, all of us taking the writing process very seriously. It's one of the hardest times we've worked. And at the end of it all, we wrote a song about opportunities and hard work. We couldn't be more proud of ourselves.

By the time we were done and happy with it, it was close to five, and we thought it would be best to head back to one of our houses to eat and keep on working.

We decided on my place, sitting in my bonus room. We began testing out the sound with our instruments, and fitting whose voice would match in the verses. Then, we ran through the song, fixing bits and pieces, and writing down new notes or changing words. After another few hours of twiddling, we created a song we were very proud of.

"If only all songs were this easy to write," Chris stated, making all of us laugh.

"I agree," I reply smiling at her.

"Now that we have that one done. What else could we possibly write about?" Sam asks lingering off.

"Maybe we should ask for help?" I suggest, getting confused glances from the girls.

"From who?" Nicola asks.

"The boys! They helped us with Chasing Summer, I'm sure they could help us with finding something to write about." I tell them.

"But what if they aren't up? We don't even know where they are," Chris says.

"Last I heard, they were in California. That's three hours behind us. But it's the 5SOS boys we are talking about. They'll stay up no matter wha time it is," I reply.

All the girls nod. "You're probably right. Text Ashton! I'm sure he'll answer." Nicola says, as I decided to give it a shot.

" Nicola says, as I decided to give it a shot

A couple of minutes later, Ashton suggested we Skype, since he was with the boys and us girls were together

A couple of minutes later, Ashton suggested we Skype, since he was with the boys and us girls were together. I told him it was a great idea, and I ran to my room to grab my laptop and set up Skype.

"Ashton said he wanted to Skype, he's with all the boys." I tell the girls, all of us getting a bit excited because it's been so long since we've talked to them. We gathered ourselves around the computer, and pulled up Skype. Anxiously we waited for the call, until the little and old picture of Ashton popped up, sending out the Skype tone signaling a call. I clicked on the icon, and in view was all the the boys in a hotel room somewhere in California.

"Hey guys!" We call out the boys waving.

"Hi girls!" They all replied smiling.

"So, you guys wrote a song huh?" Calum asks us. His wide grin shining through the screen, where he wears a dark beanie and sweatshirt. All of the boys looked as if they were just sitting around, not wearing anything but some sweats and their usual band t's. Even Michael had taken his earring out.

"We did!" Sam responds, "We really really like it."

"That's awesome you guys! We know how hard writing can be, it's pretty damn stressful. Especially with the time crunch we gave you," Luke says to us, a bit of a sorry expression spreads across his face.

"Oh no worries! That's honestly why I texted Ashton, hoping you guys might be able to help us," I tell him.

"Well, girls. As I just told Mais here, we are going on a bit of a holiday to New York for the weekend. I thought maybe you guys could come with us! New York is a great place to find inspiration, and it will be easier for us to help you in person than over the phone. What do you guys think?" Ashton asks us, all of the girls immediately saying yes.

"This is going to be f*cking amazing!" Michael says, making all of us laugh in agreement.

"We'll send out your plane tickets in the morning, you girls don't worry about anything but bringing some clothes," Ashton says with a wink.

"Thank you guys! We better head to bed, it's getting late here," I say the guys, "Right! You guys are ahead of us. We'll talk in the morning, goodnight you girls!" Ash says, as all the boys say goodnight and we reply back to them.

The call ends, and I look at the clock. It's nearly one am, today has been one hell of a day.