Preparation

Nicola's P.O.V

All of us girls decided on giving ourselves a break from each other so that we could spend proper time with our families. The day of starting tour was fast approaching, and I couldn't figure out if I was more excited or nervous.

The boys all called us once they landed, being sure to tell us they "already missed us" but were glad to be back home in Australia. If we needed any help, they told us to feel free to call, as they would just be chilling out and hanging with their families too.

Two days before we're scheduled to leave, Sam and I are reunited with the Kennedy sisters, giving Christine bigger hugs because it had been so long. We thought it was best we began finalizing the songs we wrote, making sure we were one hundred percent happy with them. When we were in New York, I had sent over the trombone part for Chris, and she tweaked some bits, bringing it out to show us today.

In the process of finishing our songs, we also decided on the two covers we would perform. The permanent one we chose is I Was Made For Lovin You, by the all so great Kiss. The second song, we had a tough time choosing between three. So, we decided to rotate the songs She by Green Day, All Day and All of the Night by The Kinks, and finally Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles. All the songs we had learned in the past, so we knew we could play them well.

With two covers and our four originals per night, that gave us six songs to play on stage before the guys came out. None of us could believe this was all really happening. And to think, a little over a month ago, we were just four girls who went to a concert to see one of their favorite bands.

"I think we're done you guys," Chris states, as we all sat on the floor surrounded by sheet music.

"I have never worked so hard in my life," Sam says falling back on the floor. I release a deep sigh of relief, feeling the same way.

"I still can't believe we are touring the country in two days... Us of all people," Maisie says in a daze. We all give agreed nods, this all happened in a such a short amount of time.

"I still can't believe us three spent a weekend with 5 Seconds of Summer, and now we're all spending over two months with them," now all of the girls sigh, agreeing completely with me. This just doesn't happen all the time, and for it to be one of the most popular and famous pop punk bands in the world that we love and obsessed over. I could not believe any of it.

After we were done being in a daze, we gathered up our music and placed them in folders to take with us. Yesterday Maisie forced Chris to go shopping with her, so she could get some new clothes for tour as well. Both of us pairs also went out and bought more necessary toiletries we might not be able to get on the road.

Sam and I stayed over the Kennedy house, helping them pack and get ready for the tour. We made sure to make a video telling our fans to bare with us, as it may be hard to film new content while traveling.

The next day, Maisie and Christine came over to our house, helping us pack for the big day. Both of our families decided to all go out to dinner tonight, spending our last night at home together.

We went out to a local Cheesecake Factory, getting a giant table to fit all of us.

"Tomorrow is the big day, how are you girls feeling?" my dad asks, a rush of butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"I'm so nervous and excited," Chris says, the rest of us girls agreeing with her.

"You guys better make sure to call us as often as you can, we want to make sure you're all doing okay," Ms. Kennedy says, stroking Maisie's hair.

"We all promise. If anything happens, you'll be the first to know."

Tomorrow couldn't come any sooner.