Promises

Calum's P.O.V.

The next day I woke up before we were scheduled to leave, knowing we had a couple of days on the road to get to San Antonio. After our bro talk, I felt awful. I really did like Samantha, and I knew she liked me too. What Michael said made me realize she did deserve more. So I jolted over to the girls' bus before we headed off.

I banged on the door, praying that someone would answer.

The door opened, and it was Sam.

"What Calum?" She asked sharply. "We're leaving in like five minutes, it can't wait?"

"No, please Sam, we have to talk. Can you come outside?" I beg. She had a right to be mad, but I didn't want this to affect our friendship.

"Okay," she hesitates, and walks down the steps.

"Look, last night, I was being stupid. Because, I know we haven't exactly said out loud, but I really like you Sam. You're very special, and mean a lot to me. I promise, I won't let this happen anymore or again. I don't want to loose you," I told her, and I meant every word.

"I'm sorry Cal. I shouldn't have acted that way, it was childish. But thank you, I really appreciate you talking to me."

"Of course Sam. From now on it's going to be different."

***********

Nicola's P.O.V.

Two days later we are checking out the stage in San Antonio, Texas. This is probably one of, if not the biggest, crowd we'll be playing to. I could feel the nerves begin to rumble in my gut, but I was just as excited.

"I don't know about this guys, this is huge..." Chris trails. I look over to see her expression, and Maisie's sister instincts kicked in, as she hugged her in a reassuring manner.

"Don't worry Chris. You've played in front of tens of thousands of people now, I know you can do it." She tells her.

"Yeah! How about this, tonight we watch your favorite movie, and then tomorrow we can do whatever you want before we get ready for the show to get rid of some nerves?" Ashton tells her, bringing back her braces filled smile.

"Okay! Thank you guys," she says making Maisie relax some. None of us wanted Christine to be uncomfortable.

Later on that night, Luke and Michael had gone out of their ways to find the closest Best Buy and bought all of the Disney and Pixar movies they could find. Just like us, they didn't want Christine to feel nervous about playing, even saying they would cancel their show if she wasn't feeling up to it. Of course, she explained she did not want an entire show to be canceled on her behalf, but she greatly appreciated what everyone was doing for her.

The next morning, the boys woke up early, and woke the rest of us early too with the sound of banging on the bus door.

"Girls! Wake up! We want to take Chris out for breakfast!" I heard Luke yelling.

"Okay, okay, let me wake up first," Christine mumbled in her bunk.

All day, the boys spent the day with Christine, making her feel one hundred percent better about performing tonight than yesterday.

At soundcheck, the nerves creeped back into her system, but we pushed for her to keep playing and to just relax.

"Chris, you know these songs like the back of your hand. You have nothing to worry about," I smiled to her.

She rapidly nodded her head, mumbling to herself.

When it came time for the concert, Christine was practically shaking in the sidelines. It worried all of us a lot, especially since nothing scares Christine. She had the heart and mind of lion, and always was ready to try new things.

"Hey Chris," Calum said placing an arm around her shoulder. "I'm rooting for you okay? We all are. I know you can do it. Everyone is here to hear you play, and make this one of their greatest memories. I promise, bass player to bass player, that if ANYTHING goes wrong, I'll be right there to help you. Alright?" He said, bringing that familiar glow back to her eyes.

"Promise?" She asked.

"I promise," he replied.

Our cue was sent, and everyone took a giant breath.

"Hellooooo San Antonio!" Maisie yelled into the mic. The crowd breaking into an applause, as I looked into a sea of fans, not a single seat unoccupied.

"Are you guys ready to rock!?" Samantha asks, making the audience roar again.

"Let's go!"

We get through three of our songs, our fourth one being I Was Made for Lovin' You by Kiss. There was a heavy bass part in the song, and I glanced to see Christine's eyes grow wide as she seemed to forget the chords.

"Sorry everyone, I seemed to have lost my fingerings," she stammers. Good save on her part.

But, Calum kept his word, and came out on stage bass in hand.

"Need some help?" He asks with a bright smile, making the crowd erupt louder than before.

"Calum Hood ladies and gents!" Maisie announces, everyone applauding.

"Yeah Cal, that'd be awesome," Chris beams, happy he's out here with her.

"Anything for my bass sis!"