Chapter 42 : Worth it !!!!

A/N : Hey initiates !!! Here is Chapter 42 !! I really hope you guys Enjoy this chapter !!! Sit back,Relax and Enjoy this chapter :)

On a side note....This chap and the last one have been the most difficult chapters for me to write.Ever !! Out of all my books.

I wrote and rewrote both chaps so many times because they weren't perfect !! 

I hope they are now ;)

Tris's POV

"Can I ask you something ?",I ask.

"You already did",He says smiling a little.

"But yeah you can",He says.

"Did he ever hurt you ?",I ask concerned for Four now.

He's escaping from his past.But that incident can't be the only thing he's escaping from.I just know it.

"Who ?",He asks confused.

"Marcus",I say.

"Let's just say....like the Priors even we were a happy family.Marcus,My mom,Des and me.But it was all an act you know.We used to live here.In Chicago.One day I saw Marcus hit my mom.She was begging him not to hit her.She kept screaming 'The kids will see it' but he still hit her.I couldn't just watch.So I intervened.I asked him to stay away from my mom.He told me he would.He told me he's sorry for hitting her and he'll never do it again.But he lied.",He says.Now there are tears on his face.

I didn't know he was so broken inside.

I pull him closer to me and rub his back.He doesn't deserve this.Not any of it.

"Another day he thought me and Des were asleep so he dragged my mom out of the house.I saw him doing that.So I followed them.I was only 10.I couldn't hear what they were talking clearly.But I made out what they were talking anyway.My mom was pregnant.Marcus didn't want more children after me and Des but she did.My mom wanted more kids.He was angry at her for getting pregnant like..it was her fault and he.....he......he.....",He trails off.

He's crying.He's breaking.I wish I knew how to comfort him.I would do anything for him to smile again.

"Shh ! It's okay.You don't have to continue",I say hugging him.I kiss his forehead.

I can't see him like this.I can feel his pain.

I didn't realize it until now.I love him.I'm in love with Tobias Eaton.With the guy I thought was my family's killer.

"I want to.I want you to know me.I want you to know Tobias",He says and I nod.

"He.....shot my mom",He says.I look at him shocked.

Marcus shot Four's mom ! And she was pregnant !!

"He shot her and she was pregnant Tris.She was pregnant.He was such a cruel,heartless monster.I hate him.He always ruined everything for me.Marcus lied to everyone that my mom got killed in a crossfire.Only I knew the truth.Even Des didn't know then.But I told her a few years back because she's my sister and she deserved to know the truth",He says and I gasp.I just try not to cry.

"Six months after my mom died we moved to Connecticut...Marcus blamed me for her death.He thought I didn't see anything.But I did.I never told him I knew at first but later the accusations got unbearable and I told him.I told him that I knew that he killed my mom.He got angry.Very angry.He kicked me till I blacked out.Then it got worse.He abused me each day.It got worse as time passed.He hit me with belt,stick anything he could find.I didn't let Des know.I never let Marcus lay a finger on her.",He says.I can see the fear in his eyes.