Chapter 9: 70x70

I woke up in Klaus's bed with him pacing in front it. "Can you stop that? It's making me dizzy"

"Blossom, you're awake." Klaus said, astounded as he kissed my head multiple times.

"Why were you so worried?" I asked.

"I didn't know what happened. I'd never seen anything like that happen before." He said still looking worried. "You weren't accepting blood either. I thought you were- never mind that"

"How long have I been out for?" I asked.

"A week."

"Oh wow. And you took care of me the whole time?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Caroline, Damon and Little Gilbert came to see you" He told me. "I stayed the whole time they were there making sure no one tried to kill you, if you weren't already dead."

I kissed him on the cheek and thanked him. He smiled, his pearly white teeth dazzling me and his dark blue eyes gazing at me. He was beautiful and he cared about me.

"So what happened?" He asked, taking me out of my daydream.

"I haven't had any blood since I came here." Klaus brought a girl for me to feed on but I turned her away. "I don't drink from the vein anymore. You must have a blood bag." Klaus rolled his eyes and in the blink of an eye he had gone and returned with a few blood bags. I drank the blood and suddenly felt better.

"You didn't desiccate though." Klaus asked suspiciously.

"It's probably because I stopped drinking from the vein." I said quickly, I don't know what had happened, but I didn't need Klaus looking into things.

"When did you stop only drinking from the vein?" He asked bemused.

"Where's Rebekah?" I asked, changing the subject. He was asking too many questions and I wouldn't be able to answer them all.

"She's inquiring on the Wickery bridge. She thinks that's where the tree will be." I suddenly remembered that we were trying to find the last tree that could possibly kill us. Or kill them rather, but they didn't need to know that.

"Oh and I've kept you here! Come on we have to get a move on." I said hurrying out of bed but before I could, Klaus pinned me back down on the bed and lay on top of me. My face was a mere centimetre away from his. I could feel his breath on me and all I could think about was kissing him.

"You're not leaving this house until we find out what's happened to you." Klaus said still laying on top of me. "But if you really want to help, we can look through files from here." He looked at me and I could see the worry in his face, he got off me but before he could leave I grabbed him and began to kiss him. We kissed, and it felt like it would never end, but Klaus pulled away from me with a smirk on his face. He knew he was back in control, stupid git. He wiped the lipstick off his lips and left the room. Why was even I wearing lipstick? I looked in the mirror and realised I had also been dressed up.

"No she's awake." I heard Klaus say into the phone. "You can call it off. I don't know, figure it out."

"Who were you talking to?" I asked him as I snuck up behind him.

"Just a friend" He said quickly. "The files are inside the study."

I followed him into the study and sat down on his desk, swinging my legs. I saw Klaus take a glimpse and look away quickly before biting his lip.

"Who was going to come?" I asked him.

"To what?" He said pretending to be innocent.

"My funeral. That's why I'm all prettied up, is it not? Because you thought I was dead. And you were talking to Caroline who was in a tizzy because she suddenly had to cancel."