Prologue

"Go faster!" I yell in the passengers seat. I look behind us, people right on our tail. "I'm going as fast as I can Anna!" Ethan yells in the drivers seat. He presses on the gas a little more, making my head press against the seat. We are on the dirt roads in the middle of no where. These people have been chasing us for about thirty minutes now.

I hear Ethan curse under his breath. I look over at him. "What's wrong?" I look behind us, they're still on our tail. "We're on E." He says referring to the gas. "We won't be able to loose these guys!" He says looking at all his mirrors.

Before I know it the car stops and we are forcefully rear ended. We start swerving everywhere. Ethan is trying to take control of the car by turning the wheel. It all happens too fast. We slide off the road and start flipping. The car finally stops. I look over at Ethan. Both of us upside down. He has cuts from the glass on his face and has bruises on his arms.

"Are you okay?" He asked sincerely. I could tell he was concerned by the look in his eyes. "I'm okay, what about you?" I asked him looking at his cuts and bruises. "I'm great cause I think we-" He was cut off by another crash. The same car that was chasing us hit us again, but only the drivers side. We spin again, still upside down. Once the spinning stops I look over at Ethan.

His eyes are closed and his body seems more relaxed than ever. "Ethan?" I say shaking his arm. I start to panic. "Ethan answer me!" My voice starts to get louder. I put my hand on the side of his neck to feel his pulse, nothing. I immediately broke down into tears. "No, no, no" I whispered to myself. I bang my hand against the dashboard with anger.

I look over at Ethans lifeless body next to me. I unbuckle and moved to his seat. Sitting there, I hug him like I've never hugged before.

It's hard, but I have to do what's best for me. I get out of the beat up car and make my way down the road. It's silent. All you can hear is the birds, the wind and my tears sizzling when they hit the hot rocks under my feet.

I have to pull myself together. Ethan wouldn't want me to drown myself in my own tears, he would want what's best for me, and I know exactly what that is.

Authors note
Do you need a tish? I'm sorry if you do. But don't worry it only goes up hill from here. Ha! SIKE! Enjoy the book