Chapter 1

I put my keys on my coffee table and make my way to the kitchen. I open the cabinet and grab a coffee mug. "It's never too late for coffee." I mumble to myself. I hear a knock on my door. I stop what I'm doing and make my way to the door. I open it, but no one is there. I peek my head out the door to see a man with a bald head walk away. I'm about to close my door when I see a piece of paper taped to it. I take it off the door and head back inside.

"Rent due!" It read. I sighed in frustration. Ever since Ethans death I've been moving nonstop from place to place. I can never afford to stay long though since I don't have the money. I'm currently using a fake identity to help me find a job and an apartment. Right now I'm currently working at a diner that I'm surprised isn't shut down by the health department.

I go back into the kitchen and finish making my coffee. Once I'm done I go and sit on my lawn chair that I use for furniture and turn on my old fashion tv.

"In today's news, teen body was found in an old broken down car today. Police say that the body is under investigation-" I turn off the tv as tears start to form in my eyes. I quickly wipe them away before they can pour out.

Ethans death has happened almost 3 months ago, but it's burned in my mind like it was yesterday. I wake up in the middle of the night screaming almost every night. Sometimes I feel like Ethan is still with me though. It sounds weird but I feel his presence sometimes. Like when I wake up from a nightmare and can't go back to sleep, I'll feel a warm sensation next to me like he's right there.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as the "Rent Due" paper flies off the table. I guess this is Ethans way of telling me I need to pack up and get out of here. The only problem is I have no where to go. I grab my old worn down laptop and start searching for a new apartment.

I keep searching and searching, getting frustrated by the minute. "Why are they all too damn expensive?!" I yell frustrated. I lean back in my lawn chair closing my eyes. "I just need to breathe" I say to myself. "Ugh! I can't just breathe!" I forcefully shut the laptop. "I need some air."

I walk out of the apartment building and make my way downtown. I put my hood and sunglasses on so no one can see my face. A homeless man walks up to me. He's got baggy clothes, his hairs a mess, has a pile of stuff by this fence. "Have spare change?" He asked making me stop. "No, sorry." I say. I try to walk past him but he stops me. "Every penny counts." He says in a guilty voice. " I told you I don't have any money." I say. "Please anything will do." I look at him and raise my arms. "I ALREADY TOLD YOU I DON'T HAVE ANY FUCKING MONEY! LEAVE ME ALONE." Everyone started staring.

I turned around and started making my way back towards the apartment building. "So much for some fresh air." I said frustrated trying to open the door. The door opens and I make my way to the chair.

"Let's try this again." I say opening my laptop. I get to google when my laptop starts ringing. I'm getting a Skype call? I haven't used Skype in years. I look to see who it's from. "Gray Hound" is requesting to skype me. I accept the request. I hold my thumb up to the laptop camera so the person can't see me.

The person is wearing a grey sweatshirt on backwards with the hood covering their face. I look at the screen confused. They pull the hood off of their face. "Long time no see."

Authors note
So whatcha think? Keep reading though it's getting good. Or you can discuss this chapter in the comments, it's up to you 😂