Chapter 16

I stand in front of a board measuring my height. I hold up this thing that has numbers on it. I face as camera as my picture is being taken. "Turn to your right." The guy behind the camera says. I do as he says since I'm forced to. "Alright, she's done." The guys says.

Two police officers come to my sides as they grab my arms and start walking me. We walk to the cells. We pass a bunch of different girls that look twice my age. "Meet your new neighbors." The cop on my right says as the other one laughs. "Welcome home." The other cop says as he pushes me into my cell.

I look around at the place I'll be calling home for the rest of my life. There's a bed, a sink and a toilet. I go to sit on the bed. Once I sit down I immediately burst into tears.

I can't believe I lost both Ethan and Grayson. I try to calm myself down and wipe my tears. I feel a cold breeze on my right leg. I look down to see a hand. I look next to me to see Ethan.

"Hey hey, shhhhh. It's going to be okay." I look at him and start crying again. "I told you I would never leave." He begins to stroke my leg. "I'm here for you, I'm here with you." I nod. "It's going to be okay." He finishes off. "I know, it's just hard. I don't know what I'm going to do." I say wiping my tears. "I'm gonna tell you what you're going to do." I look at him waiting for him to continue. "You're still gonna live every moment like its your last. Just because you're behind bars doesn't make you unstoppable. You're invincible Anna." He grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers.

"Annabelle come on, dinner is waiting for you." One cop says unlocking my cell. I look back over to Ethan to see him gone. I walk over to the cop as he handcuffs me once again. As I walk past the other cells the girls start acting like monkeys.

The cop takes me to a private room. The nothing there is a table, a chair and food. No utensils. "Dig in." A cop says. "I'm not hungry." I say not moving. "I didn't ask you princess. If you don't eat this you don't eat until tomorrow, so I suggest you pick up that food and eat it." He gets close to my face. Close enough he's rubbing his nose on my ear and spitting on my jaw.

This is my life now. I better get use to it.

Authors note
There is only one more chapter left!!!! Can you believe it?! I can't! Make sure you check out my Instagram I made for this book @wrecklessbookofficial enjoy the last chapter.