Chapter 17

For this chapter you will need to look up the song "Who We Are" by Imagine Dragons. Play the song when the chapter tells you to. Enjoy the last chapter!

I wake up to the sound of my cell opening. "Wake up princess, breakfast is waiting." A cop says. I lazily get out of bed and walk over to him. We do the daily routine where I wake up, get hand cuffed, go to the private room, eat, then come back to the lame ass cell.

The same as everyday. It gets boring after a while. It's been a month or so since I got arrested and I'm not leaving jail any time soon. They push me into the room as I see food on the table. They trust me enough now to just leave me in there by myself. I don't know why they didn't trust me until now. It's not like there are any Windows or doors. I couldn't escape even if I wanted to.

I sit down and being eating this shit we call food. I swear it's not even edible but I have to eat it or I'll starve. I pick up the food on my plate and begin eating.

I gag slightly at the taste. I eat it anyway not thinking about what I put in my mouth.

The door opens as a cop walks in. "Annabelle there's someone here to see you." He says. I nod as he handcuffs me. I can't believe j have a visitor. My parents haven't spoken to me since I met Ethan. And I have no friends. I wonder who it could be.

I get set down in a booth thing with a telephone and a piece of glass separating the two sides. I'm nervous To see who it is. The officer unlocks my handcuffs so I can reach for the telephone. I look down in my lap, nervous. I hear someone sit down on the their side of the glass. The officer decides to step aside so I can have a private conversation with whoever wanted to visit me.

"Anna?" That voice is familiar. I look up to see Grayson sitting across from me. He has bruises and cuts on his face. "Grayson!" I say in excitement. I'm overwhelmed at the thought of Grayson being in front of me. I start to tear up.

"I thought you were dead!" I say. Grayson just chuckles. "I'm alive but barley breathing." My smile grows wide hearing his laugh. "Wow." Grayson whispers. "What?" I ask. "You look absolutely beautiful, more beautiful than I remember." I feel my cheeks heat up as I look down. Another tear drops from my eye. "I want to get out of here." I tell him. My voice scratch from crying. "Don't worry, we will."

Turn on the song now!
Close your eyes and put in headphones and just listen to the song. Take a minute to soak in what you just read. I know it's a lot to take in but the book is officially over. I hope you guys enjoyed reading!!! Stay true, stay dangerous, stay Wreckless 💙