Chapter 13

"So what are we going to do with all these police?" I ask looking out the window. "There's not much we can do." Grayson says keeping an eye on the road. I sigh and rest my head back against the seat. "I think we might go to the underground." Grayson says. "What do you mean?" I ask.

There's this gateway that's ran by people like you." I give Grayson a look. "I mean us." I look back out the window. "So what are you saying." I say hinting for him to continue.

"They'll be able to get us to where we need to be without getting caught." Grayson finishes off. "How do you know about all of this?" I ask. "I've done my research." I don't reply but just look out the window.

We drive in silence for a while. The only sound is the engine running and the cars passing by.

"Grayson, I have to pee." I say crossing my legs.  "Well there's a gas station just up ahead. I can stop there and we can use the bathroom." He says pulling into the parking lot.

Grayson parks the car as we get out and go to the bathroom. Once I'm done doing my business I go to wash my hands. I look in the mirror, which is something I haven't done since the last motel. My eyes are red from the crying. My cheeks are puffy and my hair is a mess.

I splash some water in my face and wash my hands. I walk out of the bathroom to see Grayson waiting for me. "You ready?" Grayson asked. I nod as we make our way out to the car.

We buckle our seatbelt sad Grayson pulls out of the gas stations parking lot. "Are you sure this is going to work?" I ask Grayson. "Almost positive." Grayson said keeping his eyes on the road.

We pull up to this gate with a toll booth. Grayson slowly pulls up and comes to a stop. We roll down the window to see a way too familiar face.

"Miss me already?"

Authors note
Oooh boy I smell an action scene coming on...