Chapter 6

"Get out." He says. I unbuckle my seat belt and make my way to the trunk. I grab my bag and walk up to the motel. I wait by the door. Grayson comes in shortly after. I put my hood on as we make our way to the front desk.

"Ello, how may I help you?" I guys with a thick Italian accent asked. Grayson gets us checked in as I wait behind him. "Okay here's your key, enjoy your stay." The guy said. I nodded and followed Grayson out the door.

Grayson jiggles the door open as it creeks. We are welcomed by two worn down beds a lamp a tv a drawer and a bathroom. I set my stuff down on a bed and make my way to the bathroom.

I have dark circles under my eyes. My face is super puffy. My lips are chapped. I turn the water on and slash some in my face. I dry my face with the one towel the motel provides. I walk out of the bathroom to see Grayson on his phone.

"How long are we saying here." I break the silence. "Just one night. I had a feeling you didn't want to sleep in the car again." He chuckles slightly. Honestly I don't mid sleeping in the car, but an actual bed is nice.

"There's not much you can do when you're a criminal, huh?" Grayson asked. "Yeah. I'm too scared to go out in public just in case people recognize me." I sit down on the edge of the bed facing Grayson. "Why don't you put on make up, like disguise yourself?" We both laugh. "Do you really think I can afford makeup?" He looks down like he said something wrong.

"Well maybe when the sun goes down we can go out or something? You know since it's dark?" Grayson asked moving to sit next to me. "Alright, that sounds good." I say with a smile. "Alright let me go wash up then we can go." I nod and continue to sit on the bed as Grayson walks off to the bathroom. I turn on the tv.

"Annabelle Hathaway is no longer out of sight from the police." The news anchor says. "Police were called by a local IHOP just down town yesterday saying two teens ate but didn't pay." I turn up the volume. "Surveillant cameras caught the whole act." I sigh. "Ugh how can we be so stupid.!" I mumble to myself. I watch the screen as the footage of Grayson and I running out of IHOP plays on the screen.

"Now the police are not only looking after Annabelle but also a mysterious guy that was with her the other day." My mouth drops. "More details after this break." I turn off the tv and just sit there in shock.

"Grayson get in here!" I yell. He comes out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist. "What?!" He asked worried. My tongue was tied, I couldn't spit out my words. I was distracted by his toned body. "Anna?" He pulls me away from my thoughts. "What's wrong?" He asked one more time. "They're not just after me now." I pause as he looks at me confused.

"They're after you too."

Authors note
Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn