Chapter 2

"What do you want?" I asked the guy in my screen. "I heard some interesting news." I rolled my eyes as he continues talking. "Is it true?" He stops and looks at me. "Is what true?" I asked. "My brother, is he really dead?" I feel the color drain from my face.

Grayson and Ethan use to be super close, until the day came when Ethan decided to go crazy. He was stealing, destroying property, and was just being outrageous. Grayson decided to put Ethan on silent until he decided to clean up his act. They haven't spoken to each other in years.

I nod my head slowly not looking at the screen. "Well, now what are you going to do?" He asks me. What was a going to do? I honestly have no clue on what to do next. "Well I have to move out. My rent is due and I don't have the money. I need to pack up and get out of here as fast as I can." I look around my apartment. I sigh at the thought of moving again. "Where are you going to go?" Man he has a lot of questions. "Probably just go to a motel for the night, try to find somewhere to settle while I'm there." He just nods.

We sit there in silence for a couple minutes until He clears his throat. "How about you stay with me. I'll be able to help you." I look at him with disbelief. "And how are you going to do that?" He looks around and pulls himself closer to the screen. "Meet me at Motel 6 across from the gas station. I'll tell you further information when you get here." He quickly hangs up the call before I can ask any questions.

Why should I trust him? I barley know this guy. But if he says he can help me then he probably can. Plus, I have no where else to go.

I walk to my room and grab my bag that's under my bed. I walk to my closet and grab my only few shirts and place them in the bag. I go to my drawers and grab my pair of shorts and some pants. I put them in my bag and sigh. A lot has happened since the accident and I can't cope with it. I cry every night at the thought of never seeing Ethan again. He was too young to go. He still had his whole life to live. Hell, his life just begun at 18. It's sad to see the ones you love the most gone before your eyes.

I walk to my bathroom and grab my hair brush, toothbrush basically all the necessities I need for my hygiene.

I walk back out to the living room and just stare. I can't take any of my furniture. "I guess I better get going." I say to myself. The kitchen light flickers, Ethan. I head towards the front door. I open the door but don't move. I look back at the place I called home. "I'm gonna miss this place." I say as I close the door behind me.

Authors note
Sorry for the short chapters, I hope you don't hate me. Anyway before reading the next chapter, what do you think is going to happen?