Chapter 11

I wake up and look around me. I'm on the drivers side of the car. I look under me to see Grayson sleeping. I smile at the thought of last night.

Grayson starts to stir in his sleep as he slowly wakes up. He opens his eyes and smiles. "Good morning." He says in a raspy morning voice. "Good morning." I say smiling. "You ready to go on an adventure?" Grayson smirks. "Hell yeah!"

I climb to the passengers side as Grayson starts the car. I buckle my seatbelt as Grayson speeds off. "Next stop, New York!" Grayson yells with excitement.

We roll down the windows and let the wind in our hair. Honestly this couldn't go more smooth. We got rid of the guys, the cops haven't found us yet, I fell for Grayson, and we are almost to our destination.

"I honestly can't believe how far we've come." I say looking at Grayson. "Yeah, pretty crazy." We slow down as the traffic stops on the highway. I look out the window to see helicopters flying everywhere. "I wonder what's going on." I say looking around.

The traffic slowly starts up again but stops a few seconds later. "Hold on, stay here." Grayson says getting out of the car. I put on the grey sweatshirt and put on the hood. Grayson comes back a few minutes later. "It's the cops. They're blocking off the road up there." Grayson says getting in the car. "We have to get out of here!" I say buckling my seatbelt. "Yeah no shit." Grayson says with attitude. "Well how are we going to get out? We are blocked by cars." I say looking all around.

Grayson doesn't say a word but put the car in reverse. "Grayson, what are you doing?!" I say frantically. He backs out bumping the car behind us. He turns us around and starts driving the other way. Cars are honking everywhere. I cover my eyes with my hands not wanting to look.

"Grayson slow down we're going to crash!" I yell. "Shut up I know what I'm doing!" I do as he says as we drive the wrong direction on the road. "Turn on the radio, I wanna hear if the news is talking about this traffic." I do as Grayson says searching for a station that had the news on it.

"The boarder of New Jersey is now outlined with cops everywhere trying to find the two Wreckless teens causing trouble." I turn up the volume. "Cameras from stop lights have been tracking the two teens on their wild journey. They question is, how long will they think they're safe." I look at Grayson as the lady continues talking.

Both of us in shock. I don't know what to do. I break down crying. "We're dead. They caught us. Grayson there is no point in running any more! They basically have us surrounded!" I burst into tears at the thought of going to jail. "Shhh calm down. We're going to be okay. I just need you to relax." Grayson says as he rubs my thigh.

I wipe my tears as Grayson slows down. I look out the window to see field after field. "I don't want to go to jail Grayson." I say. "You won't, I promise."

Authors note
Uh oh they are surrounded! What are they going to do?!?!