Chapter 8

I wake up to the sound of water running. I look at the bed next to mine to see Grayson not there. He must be in the shower. I rub my eyes, not fully awake yet. I shut them again. Flashbacks of last night pop into my mind.

I hear the water shut off. I open my eyes and look in the direction the bathroom is in. Grayson comes out clothed with wet hair. "Good morning." He says with a raspy morning voice. "Morning." I say. Grayson sits on his bed. "You might want to go wash up, we have a long day ahead of us." He's right. I can't remember the last time I showered.

I get out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. The floor is a little wet from Graysons footsteps. I turn on the water and take off my clothes. I step in the shower and close the curtain. I tilt my head back and let my hands run through my hair. I let the water soak my body. I grab the shampoo and conditioner that Grayson must have brought. I quickly wash my hair as the water slowly gets colder and colder. I wash my body even faster as the water is turning into ice.

I turn off the water and grab the towel that's hanging next to the shower. I wrap the towel around my body and look at myself in the mirror. I have dark dark circles under my eyes. My nose is a little bruised from the episode last night. My fave is puffy from lack of sleep. I look lifeless.

I walk out of the bathroom in just my towel and go to grab my clothes. I can feel Grayson staring at me. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." I say mocking him. I hear him clear his throat and I turn to look at him. "Y'know I don't have to be looking at you to know that you're staring at me." I say with a smirk and walk back into the bathroom.

I get dressed. I brush and blow dry my hair before brushing my teeth. I look in the mirror when I'm down getting ready. I look better. After I freshened up I recognize the girl I knew before running into Grayson. I walk out of the bathroom to see our bags packed and waiting by the door. "You ready?" Grayson asked. I nod and grab my bag. "I got that." Grayson says taking my bag away from me. "You go put the sweatshirt on." I turn around to see the familiar grey sweatshirt laying on my bed. I put it on and lift up the hood so it's covering my face.

"Let's go." I tell Grayson as we make our way to checkout. Grayson pays the lady behind the counter and gives her our key. We leave the motel and make our way down the road in the car. "Okay be on the look out for a public laundry room so we can wash our clothes, can you look in the back like on the floor to see if there's any spare change?" Grayson asked. I nod and unbuckle my seat belt. I turn to the back to see a whole bunch of coins on the floor. "Yeah, we have at least five dollars worth of coins back here." I say facing myself forward and buckling my seatbelt. "Sweet." Grayson whispers to himself.

Grayson pulls into a laundry parking lot and turns off the car. We head inside to see that the place is empty. I grab my clothes from my bag and walk in with Grayson in front of me.

"We should probably was that sweatshirt first, since you're going to be wearing it a lot." Grayson says while pointing at the sweatshirt. I nod in agreement as I take off the sweatshirt. We put it in the washer and wait. We sit in silence until I decide to break it.

"So are we just not going to talk about last night?" I ask crossing my arms not making eye contact. "What is there to talk about." I uncross my arms and look at him confused. "What do you mean 'what is there to talk about'? You beat up a guy and almost broke my nose. You lost control last night." I say frantically moving my arms around. "When I found out that was the guy that killed my brother, I wanted to kill him." Grayson says bluntly. I roll my eyes as the washer beeps.

"I need some air." I say as I walk out of the building.

Authors note
How you guys like thing the book so far? I'm so excited for you guys to keep reading!!!!