Connections

Back at my house, I am now texting Penny, a Sophomore friend of mine. Her brother Charlie and my brother Henry have been on the same hockey team since they started hockey so Penny and I have become close friends over the years.

(Katie is texting Penny)

Katie: Hey!

Penny: hiya!

Katie: what's up?

Penny: nothing much. You?

Katie: you won't beleive who I get to work with for an English project.

Penny: OMG WHO?!

Katie: guess!

Penny: -.- fine. You know I'm the best guesser in the world.

Katie: lol IK just guess!

Penny: Aspen

Katie: man. You really are the world's greatest guesser!

Penny: haha. Omg your so lucky Aspen is in your grade. He is so attractive!

Katie: I know but all the other girls throw themselves all over him. It makes me want to gag.

Penny: haha. I wouldn't do that. He would never want you then.

Katie: -.- I have to go. Brother's calling. Talk to you later

"KATIE GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!"

"ok ok ok I'm coming. What the hell do you want?"

"There is the best sister in the world..."

"What do you want."

)My brother always asked me for stuff after he got me into a good mood. He's cunning and tricky that way.) Feeling satisfied for getting me not to swear, he asks, "well my friends and I want to go to this concert," I sigh and face palm myself," and we sort of need a ride...do you think the best sister in the world can take us?"

I stare at him for a moment, then come up with an excuse.

"Can't."

"What? Why?"

"project"

" 'project'," he fingers the quotations, "or project project."

"uh"

"it's a date isn't it," he teases.

"No no no no nooooooo. I Jair have a project to do with this kid name Aspen..." I realize I've already said to much.

"OOOOOO Aspen and Katie sitting in a tree..."

"NO SHUT THE HELL UP. I am working on A FRICKEN PROJECT YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!"

He sits in silence surprised by my outburst.

"Good then." I turn to go upstairs and text Aspen to actually set up the day to work on the project...