Chapter 7: A First

It landed on me. I was excited, yet scared. I still haven't ever kissed a guy, and I didn't want it to happen just for a stupid game, or was the game more than that. Did I really like Zach?

He moved over in front of me, his brown eyes looking into mine.

He leaned in.

I panicked.

His warm lips touched mine and I relaxed a little.

He pulled away and left me blushing.

"First time, Katie?" Zach asks with a smirk.

All I can do is nod.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Aspen. His eyes looked like I had just kicked a puppy, right in front of him. His eyes met mine and he looked away, my heart shattered. I didn't think he liked me in that way. He got up and went to the kitchen and I got up to follow him.

"Aspen."

He avoids eye contact with me and pours drinks.

"What." he replies flatly.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know you cared so much. I do really like you it's just a game right. I didn't mean to..."

I am cut off by him turning around, putting his arms on my waist and kissing me, very passionately. I kissed him back.

The rest happened quickly. We kissed for a while in the kitchen. We stopped when we accidentally knocked over the glasses that had sat on the counter, spilling fruit punch all over my white shirt.

"Shit!" He exclaims.

"I'm so sorry!" He looks at my top.

"It's fine. I never really liked this top anyway. It's to tight."

Everyone in the other room had heard the crash and they sent Penny to see if they were alright.

"Is everything O..." She pauses mid sentence and looks at me.

Aspen quickly makes up a lie to cover our moment. But I make sure to remember and tell Penny later.

"I outed the drinks and when I turned around I knocked into her accidentally." Lie. Penny seems to buy it but as she leaves gives me the "We are going to talk about this later"look. Woopie....

"Zach has some old t-shirts upstairs that I can get you. Follow me."

We leave the kitchen and head into the main hall. Aspen leads with me trailing right behind him.

"Are you sure he won't mind?"

"Zach and I are really close so I don't think he will."

I nod and he leads me up the massive flight of stairs. In the second floor we walk to the right then down a few hallways. I see a restroom and make note of that for later... just in case...

A door or two down from the bathroom is a door with hockey posters on it. Aspen opens the door and takes me inside.

For a guy's room, it's pretty organized. The only thing seeming to be out of place is his desk, where various plays, textbooks and electronics sit.

I walk over and sit on his bed while Aspen goes to find the clothes. I get bored after a minute or so and go look out the window. I can't beleive I never noticed how large Zach's house was. It was two levels not including his massive basement. He also had a pool outside and many, many, MANY rooms. With all the parties that Zach had I shiver when I think about what goes on in them. Brushing the nasty thought away I look at the moon. It is around 12 am now and the party is still going, and my guess is for a while too or I don't think Aspen would have went to get me clothes.

He comes out of the closest (More like a room just for clothes) and throws a pair of gun shorts, and a t-shirt over to me.

I notice it is some marathon run shirt.

"Thanks." I say to Aspen.

He nods. "No problem."

We sit in silence for a second.

"Are you going to change."

"Not in front of you." We laugh and he rolls his eyes and walks outside the bedroom. I still go to the bathroom inside Zach's room just to be safe.

After changing I come outside and loom to the right. I don't see Aspen and am about I look left but I feel muscular arms rap around my and a chin on my head.

"eek!" I squeal but then realize it is only Aspen.

He let's go and I run down stairs with him close behind. I glance back and catch him pouting as if he really wanted another moment. We get back to the circle and no one suspects a thing. Until I glance at Zach. His eyes seem to be tearing through my body ripping everything that just happened to shreds. I break I contact and sit next to Aspen. He rubs my back quickly, quietly an gently and all my stress disappears. I glance up again to see if he still is looking at me bug he is in a mid-passionate kiss with the same cheerleader from earlier I can see him glancing at me. He wants to make me jealous. That d*ck.