Chapter 11: Lost Trust

"What the hell?!" I whisper loud enough for just Penny and JP to hear me.

JP looks at me. "Sorry Kate. I followed him to see what he was doing. I knew he was to good to be true."

Penny and JP give me a hug. I can't stand this.

"I think I'm going to be sick." I managed to spit out. I hold a hand over my mouth and run to the restroom. This is officially the worst night ever.

After throwing up in the toilet a few times I finally recover. I sit up and decide to go find a place to sit for the rest of the night. To hell with Aspen. I'm not letting him ruin my night.

I get up and walk out of the bathroom. Penny and JP are at the end of the hallway to the right.

I sneak to the left. they don't see me.

I head to my favorite room in the school, the band room.

***

I check the door to see if it is open and it clicks. I open the heavy door and walk inside. I go over to my chair and sit. I cry, and cry, and cry. I need something to do.

I go and find my open Hole flute and my fancy piccolo, two Christmas presents from years past. I open there cases an put then together. I take out some sheet music and play.

I play, and play and play. It feels so good to play my feelings away. I didn't even notice max come in.

He stands and watches me for a while. When I'm finnished, he walks over and comforts me.

"You are really good." He sits in the chair next to me.

"Thanks." I whipe my eyes to get rid of my tears but I feel like he already knows.

"I'm so sorry about Aspen. He has no right to do this to you."

All I can do is nod. I'm about to cry so I lean over and give him a big hug and cry into his chest. He holds me. It seems like hours have gone by and he speaks again.

"Katie."

"yah?"

"I like you."

"I like you to, Max."

We pulled away from the hug and then he leamed in, pressing his warm lips against mine.

He pulls away and we hug again.

"Now, let's go show Aspen what he's missing."

I smile and take Max's hand. When we go back, Aspen is still with the other girl. He looks at me. But I'm not looking back. Mac and I have the best time of our lives for the rest of the night. And it all seems like a dream.

****

Auther's note: Will be more chapters. A new twist is headed your way!