Chapter 9: Let the Games Begin

After the party ended we all drove home. I can't stop thinking about the way Zach looked at me. I don't care if he only kissed that cheerleader to make me jealous. He is being a d*ck and I don't want to date someone like that. Besides, Aspen and I have gotten way closer.

I walk into my English class and see Zach chatting with Aspen. I don't even bother going to try and pull Aspen away. I'll probably get some smart ass remark from Zach about me liking him or something personal. I can't believe I actually liked Zach.

The bell rings and everyone sits down.

"Alright class, we have a new student. Since every group except one has three people in a group for the project, Zach can work with Aspen and Katie." My teacher speaks happily.

My jaw drops all the way to the floor. I can't believe this is happening.

When we get in our group Zach immediately tries to take over the project. Not to mention every five seconds he winks at some girl across the room and back at me to see if u show signs of jealousy. When that doesn't work he decides to play the personal card.

"Did Aspen get a piece of you last night Katie? Must have been great seeing that awesome six pack of his. To bad he isn't the only one." I glare a Zach as he pulls his shirt up revealing and AMAZING six pack... My heart flutters but then I realize he notices the smirk on my face. I try to hide it but it's to late.

"I knew you were still into me." he smirks rubbing his hands up and down his shirt...

"Stop it Zach. We need to work on our project. It is 20% of our final grade." Aspen indirectly tells Aspen to shut the hell up. Not to mention the glare he gives Zach when he thinks I'm not looking.

We end up working in silence for the rest of the hour. Towards the end, Aspen asks the teacher if he can go to the bathroom.

I am alone. With Zach. Ugh.

A few minutes pass and I wonder where Aspen is. Zach takes the chance to flirt with me.

"So, sexy, how about that movie?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I can't believe you would ask me out on a date when just last night you made out with a girl right in front of me."

"you know why."

"Yah! I do!" I snapped at him.

"And it worked didn't it?"

I glare at him. At that moment we were interrupted by the PA system. I let out a sigh of relief. Out of the corner of my eye I see Zach continuing to glare at me. This makes me want to melt into the earth.

"Attention. We have a special announcement from the head of our student council!"

My friend Nellie's voice came on over the PA, "Don't forget to purchase your BLUE homecoming tickets! This is your last chance!"

Aspen comes back into the room. I see something blue sticking out of his pocket. I don't connect anything but then it all makes sense.

Blue ticket. BLUE ticket.

I repeat the announcement in my head. I look at Aspen and see that instead of one, he has two. And he's walking over to me, smiling.

I smile back.

*****

I wait impatiently for the rest of the hour but Aspen doesn't mention anything about homecoming. I was starting to get impatient and curious so I brought it up.