Chapter 19: Good Mornings

"Shit Zach!!!"
"Good morning"
"Did we...?!"
"No you're good babe. I put the pillow wall up so you wouldn't be tempted."
I laughed on the inside a bit. This guy is persistent. And flirty. And cute... and a good kisser....... STOP THAT KATIE. OH MY GOSH.
"Thank God" I respond. "I mean not thank God like I'm a bad way. I mean not that I wanted to. I mean... ugh." Oops I've said too much.

All he does is smirk and head off to the bathroom.

I run around the room and look for my clothes from the night before. I guess I had thrown on one of Zach's old tshirts from school. A charity hockey event one most likely. It smelled like him. I just left it on another minute before taking it off. I walk over to the mirror and look at my reflection. His oversized t-shirt looks like it was meant to be on me. I think about how he could come up from behind and hug me-just like what happened yesterday- and we'd look into the mirror and lock eyes. I snap out of it when I hear the water in the shower start to run. I do a double take in the mirror and realize my hair and makeup is a mess. Man I could really use a shower. I walk over to the bathroom door and pause for a second.

Eh. What the hell.

I open the door and peak in.

"Hey I'm going to need to join you because I'm really big on helping the environment and we'd be saving water" I say jokingly.

I hear him laugh. "Get in here nerd"

I smile and take off the oversized t-shirt. It falls to the ground and I walk over to the large shower. I see his naked reflection in the steamy glass.

"Hurry up. You're wasting water" he teases.

Before I knew it our wet bodies were up against each other. My lips found his and his hands ran all over my body. Somehow it didn't matter that we were naked. We still only kissed. The water dropped over our bodies and the steam from the hot water filled the shower. He pushed me up against the wall right next to the glass door and I ran my hand down the steamed up glass, leaving clear paths on the white foggy glass.

He grabbed a wash cloth and some soap and we washed up before leaving the shower. I began to overthink things (duh. As always.)

I didn't want more to happen, but I also figured he would've wanted more to happen. You know? Like this is Zach. Flirty,f*ck-boy Zach. The Zach that has probably had sex a dozen times. Why didn't he make a move? Is something wrong with me?

My thoughts are interrupted by a soft, reassuring kiss and I forget what I was even thinking about.

After the shower we went downstairs and cuddled on the couch while we watched a movie. My phone buzzed a few times but I ignored it. I hadn't looked at it all morning.

Soon enough it was time for me to go. He kissed my cheek before I left. As I walked to the car I finally checked my phone...

Aspen iMessage
Aspen iMessage
Aspen iMessage
Max iMessage
Max missed call

Well shit.