Chapter 40 - skype

"Hey, feel better?" I smile at Chelsea, standing in my door.

"A little. I'm still kinda angry at him though." she steps in and we sit on the couch in the living room.

"Just forget about him." I tell her.

"Yeah, but you know, I love him."

"You loved." I correct.

"Yes, right."

"Can I get you anything?" I offer.

"Nah, thanks. What about a movie or series or something?" she suggests.

"Alright." I nod. I don't feel that comfortable though.

She smiles and waits until I turn on the tv.

I go on my phone and text Lis.

Hey baby, miss you loads. <3

She doesn't reply, but I keep on my phone. The idea I have is insane, but whatever, it's just looking up a flight.

Wow, they're really expensive. And my parents will not let me go. It will be a really boring summer.

Last holidays I went on a roadtrip with Nash, which was great fun, but stressful sometimes. My parents are going to visit my brother in Canada.

"Everything alright?"Chel asks me from the other side of the couch.

"Yeah.. I was just thinking, you know, the usual stuff." I reply.

She nods and continues watching.

How late is it in Sweden? 7 hours later than here... So it's around 7pm there.

Maybe I'll try to skype her. Hopefully she'll answer that.

"What're you doing?" Lisa frowns, watching me getting a good position in front of my phone.

"Aaron?" a voice answers, but I don't get a picture.

"Yeah, hey how are you?"

"Hi. I'm great just wait a second." her picture moves and soon I see her smiling all over her face, which makes me really happy.

"Hey!" I say again and wave.

"Chelsea, come here!" Chel moves directly next to me and I can tell she is very pleased to see Lis as well.

"Hi, Chel!" Lis greets her.

"What are you doing?" I ask excited.

"Well, my mom and me are just sitting here:" she flips her phone and we see a beautiful view over Stockholm.

"Wow, that's amazing!" Chelsea exclaims.

"So, mom. Here's my friends..." suddenly a woman in the mid 40s, looking just like Lisa appears on the screen.

"Hello." she smiles and Chel and I repeat.

"This is Chelsea, my best friend since what, middle school?" Lisa laughs.

"And this, is Aaron, my boyfriend." she grins at me.

"Aw, that's cute." her mom smiles.

"What are you two doing actually?" Lisa asks, but she's not jealous or anything.

"Just hanging out, watching a movie." I answer casually.

"Sounds not really interesting." Lisa frowns.

"Yeah, well. Not everyone can go to Europe for the summer break." Chel laughs.

"You're right." Lisa laughs with us.

"I miss you guys." she whines.

"Miss ya too." Chel says.

I just look away. Truth is the few minutes we skyped it was almost as if she was here and the 'i miss you 's reminded me of how far away she really was.

I get up with my phone and go into the kitchen.

I see Lis also went somewhere else.

"Hey..." I say again.

"I miss you." Lisa replies.

"It doesn't seem to be that bad in Sweden." I mumble.

"It's okay I guess, but I'm much too tired right now. But in three hours I get to go to bed and everything will be alright.." she talks.

"Aaron? Are you listening?" she frowns.

"Hm? Yeah, it's just... You know everything's boring and Chel it's not working out. I thought I could distract myself, but there's nothing or nobody I can do it with."

"Aw, baby. Don't worry. Do something with Chelsea or Shawn and time will go by faster than you think." she tries to lift my head up.

"Yeah... Love you." I murmur.

"I love you too."

"Bye." I say and hang up.

"You really do miss her much." Chelsea utters when I come back and I nod.

We spend the whole afternoon together and in the evening she goes home.

My parents take me out for dinner, since they're leaving tomorrow and I told them to distract me.

It worked pretty well, until I come home and check my texts.

From: the girl who means the world to me

Good Morning! Or good night to you. Still jetlagged, but a little better than yesterday. Of to some nature tour today. LOVE YOU! <3

To: the girl who means the world to me

Have fun! Love you too.

I keep staring at my phone, before I finally fall asleep.