Chapter 41 - jealous

time: 2 weeks later

— Aarons POV—

„Hey darling." I greet her on the phone.

„Hi." she giggles.

„What's so funny?" I frown.

„Nothing." she says a little more serious.

„Hows it been today?" I ask her and she briefly describes her day.

She has been different for the last week.

It always seemed to me she wouldn't want to talk to me.

She giggles again and says:"Stop it now!"

„Am I disturbing you in something?" I ask. This hasn't been the first time she was so distracted and I was afraid, since I didn't know who made her laugh and not have any interest in talking to me.

„Lis, can we talk please?" I say very serious.

„We are talking." she replies, in that very ignorant voice she always puts on while having a phone conversation with me.

It's almost like I didn't know the person I'm calling.

„Alone. With no-one in the background."

„Okay." she gives in and soon after I hear a door close.

„What is it?" she then asks.

„You know I'm not that kind of jealous human, but in the last few days, you are so different." I begin to tell her.

„What do you mean by different?"

„You don't seem any interested in our phone conversations and I'd almost say I miss you more than you do for me..." I carry on.

„Oh come on." is the only thing she says.

„I'm just a little worried you know?"

She doesn't answer.

„You're mine and only mine. You know that right?"

„Baby, I love you and only you. But.." there was the fucking but. I hate this word.

„You always told me you'd hang around with Chelsea and she is my best friend I just.."

Did she think I was doing something beyond friendship with Chel?

Well then I'm sorry I didn't want her best friend to get along alone and I didn't want to be alone for the summer break either, so what should that worry of hers be about now?!

„I'm probably as worried as you are. And it's no boy. In fact it's nobody. I'm laughing at nobody. I wanted you to think about that..." every word she says in that sentence breaks my heart a little.

„You wanted to make me jealous, because you thought I was cheating on you with Chelsea?" I utter, the words leaving my mouth very slowly.

„Y-Yeah.." she says very quiet.

„I'd never cheat on you." I say after a minute.

„I was scared, cause I'm not there and..." she doesn't continue to speak.

„I love you and I'm sorry I was jealous, but there's nothing we both must be jealous of."

„You're right." she replies and seems just as down as I am.

„Let me cheer you up." I begin to smile.

„Okay."

„In 5 days you'll come back." I have a big grin on my face now, because only the thought of having Lisa here again so soon, makes me incredibly happy.

„Yay!" her voice lightens up.

„Actually I'm really looking forward to coming home again." she tells me.

„You remember what I told you back when you had this really bad jet lag and weren't motivated to do anything?" I raise my eyebrows.

„I do. But there's nothing I can do anymore really. And my mom has to work tomorrow again, so again there's nobody I can do anything with." Lis says.

„I'm sure there's something in this large country you haven't done yet."

„Hm.." she exclaims.

„I'm sure you're really tired. So if you wanna go to sleep, you just have to tell me."I tell her, since it's 2am in Sweden.

„No, I'm okay." she answers.

„Love you too. Miss you so so much." I say and shortly after I hang up.

I put down my phone and look through the room. It's a matter of fact I feel extremely lonely without having Lisa next to me.