In Retrospect, I'd Do It Again

Aurora's POV:

Phone calls with Spencer were normally fun, endless, and dorky. Besides this one. The one where I had to ask him to take me home because my boyfriend is a jealous asshole.

Of course, he understood and came rushing out of the building, since he wasn't planning on leaving yet. I guess I ruined that for him, too.

Dark tear stains were splattered across my cheeks. I stopped crying once I convinced myself that it wasn't my fault. Not only that, but Brendon had called me a slut.

The man that has protected me and kept me safe for nearly five years called me a slut. His words are more meaningful than the hate I get on Twitter. It was different when he said it.

Now, I understand in the heat of the moment he could have said something he didn't mean. But, the thing is, he never apologized. He just drove off.

It's not worth it.

I was distracted from the re-played version of what had happened when a pair of arms were wrapped around me.

Spencer.

"Thanks so much for doing this, Spence. I feel like sometimes I don't have anyone. But, I have you and Bren-well, not anymore. Well, that's fine. I have you. You won't call me a slut, right?", I turned my head to face him when I said the 'right' part.

I was astonished. I grabbed his arms and threw them off of me, throwing a disgusted look, too.

"W-what are you doing here?", I shouted.

"Picking up my girlfriend.", Brendon said nonchalantly.

I stared at him with a furrowed eyebrow.

"Already got a new one?", I sassed.

He shook his head, "I've been loyal to the same one for nearly five years."

I looked at him thoughtfully, accidentally showing that I care. Goddamnit.

Brendon just smiled.

I groaned.

"I confess, I messed up."

I scoffed at him.

"Look, I'm really sorry for calling you a slut. Once I got home I went to open the door for you, and I pulled out of one my shirts for you to wear when I was about to get to bed. I can't live without you. I guess I was just afraid to lose you.", he admitted.

"Well, if this is how it's gonna be all the time, then-", I started. Of course he wouldn't even let me finish.

"Oh, no it's not. I'm just giving you my explanation but it's no excuse. I shouldn't have called you a slut and I shouldn't have gotten mad. You guys are just friends and I knew that. I love you with all my heart, Aurora. I'd hate to see you go.", He says.

"How long did it take you to come up with that one, Romeo?", I teased.

Brendon threw his head back in frustration.

"Actually, I'm pretty proud of myself. For once I listened to my heart not whatever the fuck is going on here.", He gestured to his head as he spoke.

I shrugged.

"Will you come home?"

I thought about it. Up until he started singing Jet Pack Blues.

"BABY COME HOME! BABY COME HOME!"

I giggled, which he seemed proud about.

"I guess I love you."

"And I guess I'll come home."

A/N: Last part to the Spencer thingy yeet. Sorry this one is rushed. But cool I came out with like three today whoop. Anyway thanks for reading voting and commenting. love you so muchhh.

-Emma💗